Katana of the Month - February 2008  Dane-Kat

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Exhaust & Mod Shop

Exhaust & Mod Shop Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
cafewithballz
Katrider

eBay ID: crushingcafe

http://horsepowersports.com/icengine...rs-like-a-pro/ this is a must for anyones shop.
cafewithballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #12
arsenic
Captain Metric
Supporting Member

eBay ID: arsenic1016

It's "people" not ppl.

A dealer of rebuilt Katana carbs.
Partly Chris's Motorcycles
A rebuilt set of carburetors will cost more than $5 dollars
DREAM Katana

arsenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
cafewithballz
Katrider

Sure thing guy
Old 04-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #14
scottynoface
Kat King

eBay ID: scottynoface

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
It's "people" not ppl.

I must have missed a ninja edit...

It's better than "peeps," or when someone calls you "bro."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfaerie View Post
I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulless kaos View Post
but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.
scottynoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #15
ygolohcysp
Track Rider

eBay ID: theovergrowngnome

That does seem rather awesome, but $750? For plastic tubing? For enough plastic tubing to cost $10 at home depot? I realize that it's better for the job, but still. Awesome idea, but the cost puts that out of the range of my intentions. If all I need is the shape, I'd rather spend $10, get some foam pipe insulation, and use something bendable on the inside of it to keep the shape, like a few wire coat hangers or something.
ygolohcysp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #16
cafewithballz
Katrider

the $750 was for the prokit... they have others on there too from 99 to 300 also other companys that make this now too, but i was just more so talking about how awesome those things were. but i'll will be buying a set at some point in time.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #17
Kreylyn
Kat King
Supporting Member

eBay ID: Kreylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygolohcysp View Post
That does seem rather awesome, but $750? For plastic tubing? For enough plastic tubing to cost $10 at home depot? I realize that it's better for the job, but still. Awesome idea, but the cost puts that out of the range of my intentions. If all I need is the shape, I'd rather spend $10, get some foam pipe insulation, and use something bendable on the inside of it to keep the shape, like a few wire coat hangers or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafewithballz View Post
the $750 was for the prokit... they have others on there too from 99 to 300 also other companys that make this now too, but i was just more so talking about how awesome those things were. but i'll will be buying a set at some point in time.

Those are neat, and I can see why they would work alot better than other options. Not only do they make sure you do not exceed to much of a maximum bend, but they also make it very simple to adjust for minor adjustments and keep multiple pipes the same length. I can see where that would make a much better performance exhaust system. That said... even the lower priced option would be really hard to justify for just one exhaust build. Unless your really doing alot of exhausts (even if it's for friends or what not) then sure, maybe. I would be much more inclined to point them out to a shop that would use them and have them buy them... and work out a borrow/barter system with them.

Krey

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"
Kreylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #18
cafewithballz
Katrider

oh yeah krey.. it would be kinda pointless to buy them just for one build. but this isn't the first time i've been down this road. few years back i made a set of headers and exhaust for my buddy Eric's honda, and im pretty sure with the stuff i do + where i work that this isn't going to be the last time i use them either. but with that being said it'll be some time down the road befor i buy a set.
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Exhaust & Mod Shop