KOTM May 2009 DreKat

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > At the Track

At the Track Some Katana's see track duty. Some owners have multiple bikes. This is the place to chat about track days.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #11
mammut89
Kat Master

eBay ID: mammutit89

ops. sorry

mammut89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
teddy
The No Money Modder
Supporting Member

KOTM Nov 2007

If you are in Macomb, IL I would seriously check out The Gate in St. Louis. It's a real nice facility. Not too awful far away from there was a track called Mid-America I think? Been a while since I was down that way...actually did a little trek with a few buddies ten or so years ago to go drag racing down in that area...

here's a link i found on a quick google search for the STL area http://www.stldragracing.com/

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpiGTV
You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #13
Holyfighter
Chicken Strip

eBay ID: Holyfighter117

So i found a local drag track and they have open nights every friday starting at the end of april and going all summer. its 25 bucks to get in and you can race till closing at 10 pm. Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy View Post
If you are in Macomb, IL I would seriously check out The Gate in St. Louis. It's a real nice facility. Not too awful far away from there was a track called Mid-America I think? Been a while since I was down that way...actually did a little trek with a few buddies ten or so years ago to go drag racing down in that area...

here's a link i found on a quick google search for the STL area http://www.stldragracing.com/
Awesome thanks!

The track i found is in Cordova IL. cordovadrag.com

Q:Why did they decide to call it the “Harley Owners Group?”
A:Because the term “Special Ed” was already taken.

Last edited by Holyfighter; 04-12-2012 at 12:07 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Holyfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #14
black&blue
Tank Slapper

This is the one form of racing I'm not scared of killing myself doing on the Kat.

This comes from someone who used to work for two separate drag racing sanctioning bodies last season.

Drag legality with bikes is something i'm not really familiar with, but the guy I talked to with a drag Harley (before I bought the Kat) had just normal track leathers, same as you or i would buy at the store and rode with those. Of course, being a harley rider... they were black/orange.

I've heard good things about Cordova Dragway. Have fun!
black&blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #15
stretched600
Kat Champion

eBay ID: mistyndel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
Most dragstrips require at least jeans,boots,a jacket,gloves and a helmet for any rider running slower than 11.00 seconds in the 1/4mile. Quicker than that and they usually want full leathers,either a one piece suit, or 2piece with a 360 zipper.
stretched600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #16
BadLuck
Katrider

What you will need depends on the track, but a few things you will need for sure no matter where you go:

Full Face Helmet
Leather gloves
Over the ankle boots
Tethered kill switch - some want it attached to the ignition wiring and some will let you attach it into the actual kill switch. Mine is attached to the switch.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.
BadLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > At the Track