Katana of the Month - June 2007 - UPSMAN

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Touring 411

Touring 411 Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #21
MyrtleBeach
Chicken Strip

I like the look and functionality of these bags. I have an 88 1100f and think I will go with them. My only concern is if they are touching the exhaust pipe? And thanks for the leatherup website.

So what's a cheap ******* to do? I went to my all time favorite cheap site for gear (leatherup.com) and hit closeouts. I figured I would not be out much if I went wrong and I know from personal experience that their return policy is great.

I ordered the Xelement Nylon Slant Saddlebags because they were only $50, looked nice, and were well reviewed.

They are very nice imo. The bags feel very solid and are well made. The rain covers fit very nicely, and they have a TON of great features like being removable, coming with a paint protective backing, leather accent etc.

These bags are big. I read the dimensions and still was suprised when they arrived. It's a great look on the bike.

Now for the awesome part: They are a direct underseat fit. Just lift seat, place bags, and replace seat. The "adjustable mounting yoke" comes perfectly set to drop and go on my kat (04 750.) There are even two spaces that perfectly align with the seat stoppers. I could not have custom ordered a better fit.

*Edit: One thing to note is that these bags do render the rear pegs effectively unusable. Good thing they zip off .

On a related note; I wanted to take a second to mention Xelement and their gear. I was hit by a driver running a red light while wearing Xelement gear and it performed perfectly. I am a large man and there were no burst seams, or real damage to my jacket even though I had slid a long way. (I was doing 45 when she hit me.) I was wearing an earlier version of this jacket.

Just wanted to dispel some of the weariness about using this particular brand of cheap gear. The customer service at leatherup.com is great too, which is unexpected at this price point.[/QUOTE]
MyrtleBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
badwithcomputer
Tank Slapper

eBay ID: elliottbran

just what i've been looking for!

Thank you!

badwithcomputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #23
badwithcomputer
Tank Slapper

shipping to nova scotia...

$51.. more than the price of the bags
Old 03-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #24
rugidone
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwithcomputer View Post
shipping to nova scotia...

$51.. more than the price of the bags

$79.95 Shipped!
rugidone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #25
badwithcomputer
Tank Slapper

how did you manage that?? they only gave one fedex option!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #26
MyrtleBeach
Chicken Strip

Talking Xelement Saddlebags $50

Purchased the Xelement Saddlebags. On my 88 1100f they do not block the passenger pegs, they look good and they offer enough added room if I need to pick something up I can. $58 shipped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0257.jpg (42.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0258.jpg (45.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0259.jpg (44.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0260.jpg (48.7 KB, 44 views)
MyrtleBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #27
greentreena
Katrider

I just picked up some bags for my Kat, they look and fit great.

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=1665

Last edited by greentreena; 05-16-2012 at 09:38 PM..
greentreena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #28
ratgti
Track Rider

ive looked at saddle bags and stayed away . i just have a really big back pack. but maybe at some point i may take a shot at saddlebags if i could find some cheap on craigslist or something .
Old 05-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #29
greentreena
Katrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratgti View Post
ive looked at saddle bags and stayed away . i just have a really big back pack. but maybe at some point i may take a shot at saddlebags if i could find some cheap on craigslist or something .
I picked them up because I didn't want a back pack for my upcomming long trip. I figure I might me sore just from riding without adding a pack.
greentreena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #30
drewpleblanc
Squid

Those bags look great! I have been searching here and there every now and then looking for some decent priced bags that would fit will on the Kat. My biggest problem with the bags i've looked at was how they always seemed to get in the way of the BLINKER! But, i did also think of the pipe - good to know i'll be able to adjust them high enough to avoid getting burnt or worse, melted!!!

Thanks for this link! As well as for the website! Great deals are always something i'm on the look out for. I've been riding without a proper riding jacket or anything and really have been feeling like i should get one; just to be safe. The idea of just my clothes and the road meeting sucks. Just been looking for the cheap but quality option, since good jackets usually cost an arm and a leg!!!
drewpleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Touring 411