Katana of the Month October 2008

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Exhaust & Mod Shop

Exhaust & Mod Shop Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
HarrisonRider
Skid Mark

Default Cut off my exhaust pipe?

So, I'm riding an 06 Kat 600 and my buddy from the bike shop is suggesting that I should just chop the exhaust pipe right behind the foot peg. I'm not sure I wanna lay out the cash for a nice aftermarket pipe, but I'm not a big fan of the long chrome pipe running all along the back right side of my bike.

My buddy says that if I chop off the pipe before the muffler, add a K&N filter, and rejet the carbs I'll get better performance and great sound.

Has anybody else ever tried this? What does it sound like? Is it a good idea?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kat.jpg (39.1 KB, 50 views)
HarrisonRider is offline   Reply With Quote

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Exhaust & Mod Shop