KOTM Nov 2008 Joe Dahero

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Bodyshop

Bodyshop Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #7
scottynoface
Kat King

eBay ID: scottynoface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoe View Post
double ditto!

well that all depends on how you look at it. you need to weigh your options.
you know....comparing the cost of what you will lose by selling it now, against the cost of modifying it into something you like better, and the loss in value of the bike which will accompany it.

example: you owe $3k for the bike, then spend another $500 or so in making it a fighter, with the end result being a bike you like better, but only worth $2k (if that) because you made it "non stock". so right there, you have already lost $1500.

on the other hand, you owe $3k on the bike, and you sell it for $2300-$2500, you only lose $500-700.

it all boils down to this one question....do you want to lose more money over the long run, or lose less money now?

personally, if it was me, and I wasn't crazy about the bike, I would not spend money on trying to make it into something I "might" like better. I would just cut my losses and move on to another bike that would suit me better. taking a small hit to the wallet now is better than spending even more money into trying to make the bike into something it isn't, and losing even more money.

that's my 2 cents.

There isnt enough money in the world to make a Katana into a GSXR. If you want a light agile bike, you bought the wrong one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfaerie View Post
I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulless kaos View Post
but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.
scottynoface is offline   Reply With Quote

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Bodyshop