Katana of the Month - June 2007 - UPSMAN

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > KatRiders.com Vendor Marketplace > Hyper Response Suspension

Hyper Response Suspension Tmod and HRS' supporing Vendor forum. http://www.hrsuspension.net/

Forum Sponsored By:

Old 01-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
Thomas Dylan
Poser

Default A question about springs

Tmod
Thank you for the info. When I first started this I thought changing the shock and fork's valving and oil would be first but after looking into it, it seems as if springs come first then shock damping.

Regards
Thomas Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
Tmod
Makes Girly Parts Happy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Dylan View Post
Tmod
Thank you for the info. When I first started this I thought changing the shock and fork's valving and oil would be first but after looking into it, it seems as if springs come first then shock damping.

Regards
Yep it is a little hard to set the valving when you have no idea what spring you are going to use. The rebound valving is there to control the spring and going from a 600 lb/in spring to a 900 lb/in spring is a wee bit different.

Tmod
Tmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
Thomas Dylan
Poser

Default A question about springs

Tmod,
Just out of interest, would you know, or guess at, if the Racetech spring rate calculators uses shock leverage in their recommendations?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #14
Tmod
Makes Girly Parts Happy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Dylan View Post
Tmod,
Just out of interest, would you know, or guess at, if the Racetech spring rate calculators uses shock leverage in their recommendations?
Let me answer it this way, When a bike goes into Racetech they will take a leverage ratio reading and use that info to match the proper spring and valving for the rider. Also taken into consideration is what the free sag vs rider sag is, For instance in my case after my testing I took a 1000 lb/in spring and with preload at 8mm I was getting 32mm rider sag and about 4mm free sag. The leverage ratio is not built into a calculation on the Racetech website for spring selection as that info was used to arrive at what spring works for what weight rider. Adding or changing weight of the bike as in Race vs Street will give you different results as well.

Did I answer your question?

Tmod

Last edited by Tmod; 01-09-2012 at 06:24 PM..
Tmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #15
Thomas Dylan
Poser

Tmod,
Yes, from your answer it seems as if Racetech sticks to their recommended free and rider sag numbers and spring rate recommendations are based on getting these numbers.
Thanks again.
Regards
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > KatRiders.com Vendor Marketplace > Hyper Response Suspension