X

Stebel horn placement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stebel horn placement

Just got my Stebel air horn. I'm looking for some suggestions on where to mount it on my 2006 750. I tried the oem horn mount but the front fender will hit if I need to brake hard. Any suggestions on placement

I used a L bracket off of the headlight mount/fairing stay. That's the only place I was able to find a good spot for it where it could be upright and it would have enough room without getting muffled.

2002 Katana 600
    1999 Ford F150

Comment

That looks like a good spot. I just found a web page where the guy separated the horn and compressor. http://mysite.verizon.net/rod_barnes/stebel_horn.html
      I'm going to explore that idea also
      Thanks for the photos

Comment

great horn! i cant qait to get it on my vtx

Comment

can you two post a link for where you bought it at.

Comment

Comment

Mine has the compressor separated from the horn, and connected to it with tubing.

The compressor's cable-tied horizontally behind the fairing above the headlights (hard to describe, harder to photograph!). The horn itself is cable-tied inside the right side of the fairing back behind the turn signal - it's kind of tucked in.

It's an excellent horn - you certainly get people's attention when you hit that button!

You should also check out eBay if you're looking for one of these horns.
              "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

Autozone has a similar set up. The compressor is seperate and it includes 2 horns, both which are seperated. I'm going to use my old set up off of my old mini truck...with only one horn(it's about 7"long),because the other went bad. Pics to be sometime soon.
                Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

Working...
                X