No announcement yet.
X

My Katana - sneak peek

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now thats purty. Nice job. Clear flowed out nicely.
    Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
    www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Nice work man!!!! Like Erki said, excellent job on the clear. and such a pretty blue as well.

Now put 'er together and show us!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

looks awesome. can't wait to see her all buttoned up!

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Looks wicked. Especially like the side case polishing job. WRT the side cases, I presume they're metal? Do you have to drain the oil to take them off? Might be a nice winter project in my new garage
          2008 ZZR 600 (His)
          Black
          Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
          Red
          Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

very nice bro .. slap it together and get on with the reveal so it can be nominated for KOTM
            so many roads so little time

Comment

Ooooh sneak peak. Love the rims.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrical_Tech View Post
                Looks wicked. Especially like the side case polishing job. WRT the side cases, I presume they're metal? Do you have to drain the oil to take them off? Might be a nice winter project in my new garage
                Yep have to drain oil to take clutch cover off, but not for starter gear cover or ignition rotor cover.

Originally posted by 92katana600
                how are you painting it is it by can? i like the chrome gear box do you think i can bead blaost it and then polish it or is it can sprayd and them rims are sweet

sorry bead blast was what i was trying to say
                Painted it with a cheap azz paint gun similar to what you can buy at Harbor Freight - it's all about proper pre-paint prep work. Bead blast the covers? Well since they require a bunch of sanding prior to polishing to make them mirror smooth, you could bead blast gently, but I just used aircraft paint stripper to get the powder coat off. Wheel lips are much easier to polish - just chemical strip and polish away.

Originally posted by eviilil0ne View Post
                very nice bro .. slap it together and get on with the reveal so it can be nominated for KOTM
                I'm not in KOTM turf yet, but getting close, still have a few things to do.
                Last edited by Astro4x4; 09-13-2008, 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                2000 Katana 600
                2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Roadworthy and update. Well it's been along road but she's good to go. Still have to paint the lowers and throw them on, now that I finally have the replacement for the right side. (Thanks Kitty, you're a doll) And I want to do new mirrors, windscreen and some LED's but that 's all doable as I ride. Still have the odd bolt here and there that I want to get OEMs for but the Bikebolts kit is serving me well right now. Oh and shovel chop and rearend lift happen this coming weekend. Left shovel on for safety and I didn't need to, but better safe than sorry.

2000 Katana 600
                  2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

very nice

i want to do that gear indicator mod
                    Chrome Project Part 1
                    http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Man Astro thats a pretty good looking paint job. I will have to talk to you about painting up my pre-750 once I get her on the road. After all you live just down the road maybe I will see that riding around some day.
                      1996 Suzuki Katana 750
                      Gixxer 1100 (141.6hp at the wheel)
                      '08 Hayabusa Front End Swap

Comment

It's looking good Dave. That means we can go for some rides now.
                        My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

well done killa! Been 20 yrs since a Spray gun was in your hand and you pull out paint work like that? I'd luv to see some of your skillz in a good booth and another try! Very Very well done! Congrats on the finished product once again you deserve it!
                          Joker
                          The newest addition to the Family!
                          sigpic
                          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_750 View Post
                            It's looking good Dave. That means we can go for some rides now.
                            Heck ya !!

Originally posted by Superloki24 View Post
                            Man Astro thats a pretty good looking paint job. I will have to talk to you about painting up my pre-750 once I get her on the road. After all you live just down the road maybe I will see that riding around some day.
                            Ya, give me a shout when she's ready.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm on the prowl for another project bike now, but it's gotta be cheap, I want do some crazy/ funky paint job on something.
                            2000 Katana 600
                            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
                              Heck ya !!

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm on the prowl for another project bike now, but it's gotta be cheap, I want do some crazy/ funky paint job on something.
                              I can bring you my plastics and tank in the fall, do what you want
                              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Great work! I hope we get a chance to see each other riding this summer.
                                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                                ------------------------------------------
                                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                                X