X

Brands of Undertails & Huggers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brands of Undertails & Huggers

I have been debating the purchase of an undertail and hugger for sometime. My main goal for the undertail is to have storage room under the seat, not "clean up the look" of the bike, although it will be a plus
    So far I have come up with the following brands avaialble for the Kat (98-02)

UnderTail / Undertray / Fender Eliminator
    Ermax
    Competition Werks
    Power Bronze
    Artfibras (e-bay)

Hugger (s)
    Ermax
    Puig
    Power Bronze
    Artifibras (e-bay)

Ermax PowerBronze CompWerks
    Ermax PowerBronze

I'm wondering if there are any brands out there I have missed for the Kat.

Ermax is the only one I can order from the local shops, but is also the most expensive. I know I can order on-line, but just don't do it very often.

Looking for feedback on any of the above (opinions, experience, thoughts, etc)
    Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Couple people on here with artfibras. Good quality product for the undertail at least. I've heard the mounting locations on the hugger wear out on the artfibras, and that the powerbronze is a better buy there.
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Thanks for the insight. I have also found the one that Tokalosh installed from the UK.

Comment

I've seen that one as well Froggy, but it doesn't look like it covers much of the back tire to me. Seems like other huggers go higher towards the top of the tire. Hard to see from most of these pictures though. Would be better seeing it mounted on a bike.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Froggy, I have both the undertail and hugger from Artfibras. I have zero issues thus far with them. The undertail was a bit tricky to install at first, but after I figured out what I was doing wrong it was rather simple.
          Here they are painted and installed:

Shameless over-all shot of the bike

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

To add to your collection of undertail fender elimination kits available for the Katana, I`m adding these images from Krazy Kreation Cycle Parts from e-bay. The turn signal is integrated into the tail light.
            I`ve purchased one already. Though they said they would match my paint colour (2006 Red Katana) when it came in, it was way off. I have 2 other parts for the bike that has to get painted the same colour, so I didn`t consider it an issue worth dealing with.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the input.

Sirpsycho6xy & Teddy, I assume the original rear fender has to be cut down to near the battery box. Do you have more storage under the seat?

I had to come straight home after an appointment this evening, cuz my clean visor was at home. If I can't store my visor under the seat, I'm not really motivated to do the undertail. Altho they look great! Today was the first day it way 20+ out

Comment

My mistake. The undertail I posted is for the 03 to 06 katana.
                It should allow more storage once the undertray is cut back.

Froggy. I really like the sticker set-up on your bike. It looks great with the factory design SUZUKI/KATANA/750 done in yellow aswell. Do you wear black and yellow leathers.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Black Joe Rocket Jacket. No women's was readily available (in stock locally) in yellow/black.
                  Summer mesh Joe Rocket is Grey/Black, again colour that was in stock.

Vinyl decals are going into their 3 season and holding up well. I'm hard to miss

Comment

I have the powerbronze carbon hugger and absolutely love it! I have had no issues with it thus far. It is durable and looks great.
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

that white one is nice.
                      Bling....

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy
                        Excellent, thanks for the input.

Sirpsycho6xy & Teddy, I assume the original rear fender has to be cut down to near the battery box. Do you have more storage under the seat?

I had to come straight home after an appointment this evening, cuz my clean visor was at home. If I can't store my visor under the seat, I'm not really motivated to do the undertail. Altho they look great! Today was the first day it way 20+ out
                        For the artfibras, you simply remove the entire factory undertail/fender. The AF has a battery box built in, and you will lose that handy little pocket behind the battery, and the one directly under the center of the seat, but there is a little more room near the tail to put the tool kit back in. At least there was for mine, not sure how different the 98-02's would be.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I will end up loosing the spot where I put the bike alarm (in the little pocket by the battery, but since I haven't used it in years, guess I shouldn't be that upset. It tended to drain my battery anyways, if it was on for more than a few days
                          Just placed my bid today

Comment

With the undertail from krazy kreation, you have to cut the fender from where that little tab is where the tool kit rubber strap hooks to on back, so you dont really loose ad of the storage space. If you need a pic I can post when I get my camera back (Monday).

And also, when I ordered my undertail, I gave them the paint code, and they had no problem matching it, the paint turned out great, and it was a pretty easy install.
                            Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                            18v Rigid Drill
                            Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                            New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Recostyle, i would love to see to see the pic of the undertail and hugger.. was it difficult to install? closed my seat once w/o attaching the lock mechanism and had to drill a hole in the the underside, so im looking to replace now and love the look of KrazyKreations. i checked their site and got no price. how much did it set you back?
                              (sorry for the hijack brother!)

Comment

Working...
                              X