X

Gauge bulb sizes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge bulb sizes?

Anyone know the replacement bulb sizes for the dash gauges, tach, speedo etc.? I'd like to replace the back lit dull white with Polarg bulbs, they're expensive but I did it in my Integra (size 194's) and it is PURE bright white. Not a fan of the indiglos so just want something clean.

-noodlemice

hmmm good question the manual only states they are 3 watts - maybe take one out and take it to the shop where your getting the new ones from??

i cant see it but is it in this pdf

i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Damn , I just replaced a bunch a couple months ago but can't remeber the sizes .... . I'll see if I can get some help in on this .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Why not use the LEDs used by others, they are bright, longer lasting, and come in a selection of colors.

Comment

If I recall correctly, they use common #74 bulbs, and the 3rd eye takes a T192 bulb.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks CP! MidLifer, cause LEDs are pinpoint instead of a regular bulbs that make even back lighting. Ive tried white LEDs on my LS dash, the Polargs are much brighter. I mean pure bright white. They are expensive though.

Comment

Originally posted by noodlemice
              MidLifer, cause LEDs are pinpoint instead of a regular bulbs that make even back lighting.
              LED's light focus is a matter of the lens design (part of the glass over the LED). They make ones specifically for gauge use with a very broad focus and a bit of frosting on the glass, but I think you are correct in going with the Polargs as the best solution -- provided they don't pull extra power or generate excess heat.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What CP said. You can also take fine grit sand paper and LIGHTLY sand over the surface over the LED, that will also make it disperse light more evenly (great for pin point LEDs)
                Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

Working...
                X