X

my chopped exhaust. homemade.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my chopped exhaust. homemade.

exhaust test.... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJkGw1okEkA"]YouTube- katana exaust.AVI[/ame] chopped exhaust fly by.. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UdsJ4iF27g"]YouTube- katana flyby.AVI[/ame]

comments please. will do a write up if asked or requested thanks
    Last edited by Bigbossstreetracer50; 03-08-2010, 01:49 AM.
    sigpic TRAIN HARD!! BLACK BELT FOR LIFE!

Sounds great. Alittle loud but nice note.
    Randy

Comment

Originally posted by randyt26 View Post
      Sounds great. Alittle loud but nice note.
      Randy
      thanks for comment but loud saves lives haha.

Comment

I like it and has a good bite What did you use and wonder if it can be done to duals?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kat96 View Post
          I like it and has a good bite What did you use and wonder if it can be done to duals?
          Very simple. ill do a write up if u want. it only cost $40 at most and about 45mins of work and can be done with duals.

Comment

sounds and looks good are you gonna have to get it tuned now I thought I remember reading short exhausts like that could cause damage if not tuned properly but I could be wrong since im a complete noob with bikes. Also I hope you notified your neighbors before doing your flyby im sure it upset some of them haulin *** down a residential like that
            Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

Originally posted by unit44justin View Post
              sounds and looks good are you gonna have to get it tuned now I thought I remember reading short exhausts like that could cause damage if not tuned properly but I could be wrong since im a complete noob with bikes. Also I hope you notified your neighbors before doing your flyby im sure it upset some of them haulin *** down a residential like that

I read it was ok to shorten muffler without tune up so did not need to tune at all it was ok I all so put a baffle in it and my neighbors talk sh!t anyways not katana people ! haha
              Last edited by Bigbossstreetracer50; 03-08-2010, 03:44 AM.

Comment

would love to see that write up, thats what I've been looking for!
                "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Comment

Might want to turn your A/F screws out 1/4 to 1/2 turn, sounds like you are running lean down low.
                  2000 Katana 600
                  2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

i like it and so does my 2 yr old daughter when i started to play it she came running over and jumped up next to me and said nice bike
                    1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Running very lean atm... definately need to tune the carbs.

Did something like that myself... got tired of having to take asprin to stop the ringing headache after riding it, with earplugs.

Yep, neighbors are not going to like you...

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

you have to tune for any exhaust changes like that.
                        just because some people dont does not mean they are right...
                        you can hear you bike is lean.

for me its too loud and too raspy.
                        I like the sound of a loud, well tuned engine/exhaust, not a strait pipe with poor tuning
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Wont be long ripping up and down that street and the po po will be knocking on your door!
                          Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Too raspy for me too. I prefer a throatier sound. Definitely get the jetting straightened out, though. Exhaust sound is a personal preference, running lean is not.
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Too "Honda-ish" for me.
                              We have a lot of cars here with the coffee can exhausts on them.
                              Also those motorized skateboard scooter things.
                              They sound very nasal.

I think deeper sound is better.

It also sounds very lean - melted pistons to follow soon!

Mick M
                              Futurama: I Dated a Robot (#3.15)
                              "I am Lucy Liu. Give me your spines."

Comment

Working...
                              X