X

Motorcycle HUD helmet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle HUD helmet?

Hey guys, I was looking around today and I started looking for HUD helmets. Like the HUD in the corvette. I found one company but it doesnt look like they sell them anymore, http://www.sportvue.com/store/product.php?pid=15 Anyone ever heard or seen anything along those lines? It would make me feel alot safer then having to look down at my tach/speedo.
    2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
    2004 GSXR 600

if riding properly, you should be able to keep your tach and speedo in your lower peripheral vision no problem, without having to specifically look down.

also you should be remembering what hear yer in, and RPMs for speeds, and generally tell how fast yer going by engine note/gear

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
      if riding properly, you should be able to keep your tach and speedo in your lower peripheral vision no problem, without having to specifically look down.

also you should be remembering what hear yer in, and RPMs for speeds, and generally tell how fast yer going by engine note/gear

Yes, I understand that, but I would still like to be able to have an HUD on my helmet. It would be super-cool

This is the ONLY one I have found that is for sale. I tried alot of different sites. Ebay, Craigslist

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/SPORTVUE-MC1-HELMET-DISPLAY-RESEARCH/dp/B000WMUR2M"]Amazon.com: SPORTVUE MC1 HELMET DISPLAY - MOTION RESEARCH CORP -: Automotive[/ame]
      Last edited by TjCase85; 04-02-2010, 12:57 PM.
      2004 GSXR 600

Comment

I would love to have a HUD too.... but only if it could do speed/rpm/gps directions/caller id/engine temp/fuel level......... it would have to pretty much cover the whole visor!
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          I would love to have a HUD too.... but only if it could do speed/rpm/gps directions/caller id/engine temp/fuel level......... it would have to pretty much cover the whole visor!
          Don't forget text messages and emails...

Comment

My idea of heads up display is looking where I'm going. Having said that, a HUD helmet is pretty cool.
            ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
            チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
            Semper Fi

Comment

I just think like this way, Im driving down a road, see a cop and freak out. Look down to see how fast im going (everyone does it) Look back up and a deer is in the road. Something like that could happen...
              2004 GSXR 600

Comment

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post
                Don't forget text messages and emails...
                I would really like it to do text messages, but only if it can also type as I dictate the message to send back.

Actually, though.... I did forget one that I really would like.... I think it should have a radar detector warning in it. A little blinking red light and a jingle should do it, with maybe a little message that says "radar detected" or somesuch.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                  I would really like it to do text messages, but only if it can also type as I dictate the message to send back.

Actually, though.... I did forget one that I really would like.... I think it should have a radar detector warning in it. A little blinking red light and a jingle should do it, with maybe a little message that says "radar detected" or somesuch.

The MC2 have that. They are the newer model but I cant find any for sale. They plug into your radar detector to show you if your getting shot at or not.
                  2004 GSXR 600

Comment

cool

I was looking at the MC2. Not really a needed item but super cool! I'd buy one if they weren't to crazy expensive, as I see it as a novelty.
                    95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                    ---
                    I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Did a little digging and found a really bad review, I wish they would develop this technology tho.
                      95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                      Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                      ---
                      I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

I read the bad review . . . apparently those folks have never heard of, let alone installed, any universal aftermarket gauge cluster, because they ALL work exactly like that: Hall effect sensor for speed, and tapping into a plug wire or coil for rpm. And every aftermarket gear position indicator has to be programmed by running the bike up through the gears.

So I wouldn't give this review too much weight, because most of their negative comments are due to their own DIY fail and alarmist crap because they don't know how aftermarket speed and rpm sensors work. Also note that they give the msrp as $349, which means they were working with an early version of the product. Other reviews give a more balanced perspective. Webbikeworld's review included an update with a production unit that fixed most of the quality issues found in their original test unit.

For $349 I wouldn't even consider it . . . but really, $179 isn't that much for something so potentially cool. An aftermarket gear position indicator alone will cost at least $80 . . . a hundred bucks more to get that function plus speed and rpm in a freakin HUD seems pretty reasonable actually. I'll be putting a Koso RX-1N gauge cluster on my CBR this summer, installing the MC1 at the same time would be a piece of cake.

Dangit, I think I just talked myself into buying one

Comment

Originally posted by TjCase85 View Post
                          I just think like this way, Im driving down a road, see a cop and freak out. Look down to see how fast im going (everyone does it) Look back up and a deer is in the road. Something like that could happen...
                          Actually i look at the move the cop is doing if on the freeway with the speed light on me and i see hit putting it away im gone most cops wont bother following you since they know they got little chance of actually catching you.

Comment

I'm also looking into finding one, just so I dont have to mount any gauges on a fighter.

Comment

I would use it for missile guidance or maybe a mini gun...
                              2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Working...
                              X