X

Thinking about a paint scheme...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about a paint scheme...

Okay. I don't post a whole lot, but here goes. I have a blue and white '04 Kat with all of the decals removed. To see what this looks like, check out my profile. If you check out my Future Mods section, the one thing that I would like to do is to paint the rear cowl to match the front fairings - Top of the bike would be candy grand blue, belly pan would be white. However, now that I'm looking at the bike, I'm thinking of something vastly different. Lou, I would most likely recruit you to do this job for me, as I have neither the necessary resources nor the necessary time/space, if you're interested. My new idea is this: Screw the cowl! Leave it white. What I have recently been envisioning is now removing the upper fairings and the tank and getting them done in white. I have never seen a white Kat, and now that I'm thinking about it, I think it would look incredibly sweet! I'm going to eventually polish the grab bar, the bar ends, and maybe chrome the swingarm, and I think the white paint job would be a lot better looking with these alterations. Everybody, let me know what you think of this idea. Is it an original idea? (Surely not, but as stated before, I've never seen an all-white Kat...) Would it be worth it in your opinions? Lou, PM me if this sounds like something you would be willing to tackle sometime in the future - I would pay for shipping, paint, clear coat, and whatever you feel justified in charging me for the labor. I personally think that this would be a great looking original paint scheme...
    8) Shirak! 8)

"For the love of God, does no one hear that infernal ringing?!?"

hhhmm.. an all white Kat !!! yeah, that could be way cool !!! 8)

Comment

paint it white primer like this guy..

but to give you my opinion...it will look sick all white with some sort of blue ghost flames..yea yea, some people dont like flames, but it would look sick on a white kat..my .02

**edit** and please get yourself some clear turn signals
      Hello World.

Comment

Yeah, that's next on my list... Another quick question: Is the Hayabusa brake light the same as the 04 Katana's? I saw a clear lens brake assembly that said Hayabusa lens, but it looks exactly the same size and shape as the Kat's... ? Anybody know?
        8) Shirak! 8)

"For the love of God, does no one hear that infernal ringing?!?"

Comment

try clearalternatives.com

yes, i believe the '04+ katana's have the same brake light as the busa.
          Hello World.

Comment

This may help you in your vision...

Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

^^cool, thanks beek..i never seen that before
              Hello World.

Comment

If you want to go white, why not go with something a bit different, like pearl coat white, or a white like they use on the new Escalades? It has a little bit more "Bling" to it, and looks nice and smooth.

I would be up for it, if Corey is, but it may be a while before we could get to it. I am going to be doing a engine swap, and I have yet to finish my paint job (Only 2 peices left, and redo the tank, it got a really bad scratch in it).

Another thing to consider is, after sending it to us to paint, and paying for labor, and all the paint and stuff, it may just be cheaper to find something local. What area of the US or Canada are you in?

Like I said, If you want us to do it, thats fine, It would prbably take a day for us to paint everything if we got down to it, 2 days for the paint to really set, then we could ship it back.

Corey, any input?
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Oh, one other thing, are there any scratches or areas of the plastic that needs to be repaired?
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

You always gotta volenteer me for everything.
                    But ok
                    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Its only fun when we do it together, other wise it is boring!
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin
                        Yeah, that's next on my list... Another quick question: Is the Hayabusa brake light the same as the 04 Katana's? I saw a clear lens brake assembly that said Hayabusa lens, but it looks exactly the same size and shape as the Kat's... ? Anybody know?
                        Yes, it is. Same light as the Busa.

I'm not a fan of all white, especially on the Kat, but I think IreneKat's idea of the blue ghost flames might look pretty cool!

Comment

Not just white junior... Pearl Coat White!
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            Not just white junior... Pearl Coat White!
                            Oooooooooh I stand corrected.

To me, white.. is white.

Comment

I always say the same thing, except I say

"To me, a gringo is a gringo..."

Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...