No announcement yet.
X

Lowered the Kat this week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok I am thinking bout the front forks. i might do that this week I never messed with that before. the lowering links I sell on my site here

Guías y trucos de videojuegos. Juegos Online. Trucos de GTA 5. Trucos de Fortnite, Juegos de Coches. Juegos de fútbol. Minijuegos.

and
    Guías y trucos de videojuegos. Juegos Online. Trucos de GTA 5. Trucos de Fortnite, Juegos de Coches. Juegos de fútbol. Minijuegos.

I had friend heat the kickstand with a blow torch and then hammer it down to get the kick stand to lay correctly. i am very happy with the height of the bike. i had a problem doing power walks before and now it is not an issue the bike also seems a lot lighter now. i have not had any chicks jump on the back yet how ever, tomorrow and wednesday there are a couple of bike nights going on around town so ill find the fattest whale that I can find and have her jump on the bike and free shamoo !

and I did not do it my self. some guys who work with me on Fatbikez did it for me. I am mechanically inclined! All i know is computers and music and a couple other things
    Last edited by giftedwon; 05-13-2008, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Has anyone cut their kickstand, and if so how much? I am lowering it two inches back and one inch front.

Comment

Originally posted by jbachseven View Post
        Has anyone cut their kickstand, and if so how much? I am lowering it two inches back and one inch front.
        I would cut the kickstand 3/4". I lower my bike in the front 1 1/2" and rear 2". And I only cut my kickstand 1/2" and it doesn't lean like I would like it too. I talk to some other members and we agree 3/4" is perfect.

This is when I lowered my bike.
        Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
        swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
        Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.
        sigpic
        Update Jul 11 2014
        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

wow 4inches!! I'm 5'2 and I lowered mine 3 at first. Not safe at all. After letting a friend ride me (tehehe) on the back of my bike the tire in the back burned through the little trunk dohickeythingy!! (I'm only 125)

Raised it up an inch just to be on the safe side. If you are 5'7 I wouldn't think that you would have to lower it that low... jmho!!
          With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
          The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
          To the bang bang boogie
          Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

Originally posted by rydethis View Post
            wow 4inches!! I'm 5'2 and I lowered mine 3 at first. Not safe at all. After letting a friend ride me (tehehe) on the back of my bike the tire in the back burned through the little trunk dohickeythingy!! (I'm only 125)

Raised it up an inch just to be on the safe side. If you are 5'7 I wouldn't think that you would have to lower it that low... jmho!!
            I'm 5'7 too, and I didn't have to lower my pre, and I can still flatfoot at stoplights and such.
            -
            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

after having it lowered for two weeks i notice that it seems to rider faster and smoother. i like it im still thinking of lowering the front a bit just to see how it goes. i also notice i get alot of second glances since its been lowered

Comment

with the bike that low, no one is going to be able to sit on the back. Mine is lowered 1.5 front / 2 rear. I'm only 160lbs, and when my 110lbs GF rides the bike squats. I even drag the left side of the belly pan when making turns.

myspace
                2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by giftedwon View Post
                  i also notice i get alot of second glances since its been lowered

I'd look twice too.........LOL
                  2005 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
                    with the bike that low, no one is going to be able to sit on the back. Mine is lowered 1.5 front / 2 rear. I'm only 160lbs, and when my 110lbs GF rides the bike squats. I even drag the left side of the belly pan when making turns.

Well I guess someone will have to be taking the Bus then!

Comment

Working...
                    X