X

Let the speculation Start...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nut-Nut View Post
    The Dyna ones are crazy expensive.... for running a close to stock bike, I do not need to pay for spark I do not need... hence, over the top.

Now, were I cramming extra fuel +a crazy cam, I would consider Dyna's, but since I am not...
    Honestly, I have no idea how much they are going for, I probably paid around $120 when I got them.
    These bikes do need more spark though.This is evident by the fact that despite a relatively low CR, the plugs are spec'd for a real small gap. More power means you can run wider gap. Benefits I noticed:
    1) Smoother idle
    2) starts way, way better in the cold. I can often start it without a choke. When it is in the 20's, it still starts up well and easy.
    3) No fouled plugs! Used to foul plugs all the time if I did short rides below 20 degrees. Haven't fouled in a long time. The last time I pulled my plugs, they looked real clean.
    At the very least, I suggest you add a relay to your coils (cost around $10 and take about an hour), then open your plugs up a bit (maybe .9mm)

Comment

mine is doing something similar ... I'm dropping a cylinder in the higher RPM range around 7000 ... Ive been wanting to put higher output coils on her anyway ... any advice would be appreciated ..... appreciate it
      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Relay mod. Probably a new coil to fix the missing.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

If you are dropping only one cylinder, then it is probably fuel related, If you are dropping 2, then you are looking at a coil or wires most likely.
          "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Dropping 1 cylinder could easily be a plug wire. Could even be a plug boot not all the way on the plug.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

My bad, for some reason I thought the coils ran like coil packs... return ground like in the newer cars... DUH
              "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Check your plugs while your there. Could have a crack in a plug. But sounds more like your coil than anything.
                04 SRT-4 with toys / 00 Katana 600 / 67 Mustang-Sold/ 88 Mustang-Sold / 92 Mustang-Sold / 97 Mustang-Traded

Comment

You could always lift the tank off, exposing the wires, run it in a dark garage and see if you see a "light show"
                  Did this on my vw fox once and saw a lot of arcing

Comment

funny thing about it is it does not do all the time
                    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

UPDATE:

New symptoms: Put some miles on her today .... got out on I-285 crunk her up to about 85 - 90 (about 6200 - 6500rpm) and the engine died while at speed. The engine then re-ignited itself after the rpm's decreased and all cylinders were firing. I think the problem is in the ignition system. I ran it passed someone that I listen to (from time o time), he seems to think it could be the either the signal generator or the coils.

Moved to its own thread: "Tell Me If You've Heard This One Before .... "
                      Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 04-08-2012, 11:07 PM.

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Working...
                      X