No announcement yet.
X

PARKING LOT PARKING.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats the reason the hash marks are there "dont park here" most of the places i ride my bike to, have designated bike parking, or places the bikes have taken over that the places are ok with, which is usually closer to the door...sorry but thats a plus of riding a bike you get the better spot, lol. the only place i park on the hash marks is at grocery stores, at the front, they have like a half circle area marked off where a sign is at, not a handicapped spot, and too small for a car. cops always cruise this local store, and there are ALWAYS bikes parked on these spots, daily, same with the mall. not bothering anyone, just parked in the same area as a sign, that a car would not fit. if you were parked on the handicapped hash marks you should have your bike knocked over or ticketed. lol
    2005 Katana 600
    2005 GSX-R 600

Comment

Okay, it looks like Monkey Fist and me are on the same page.
      Check out my www

Comment

Originally posted by skotty
        I didnt really notice untill now. But yesterday, after I came back from a vacation, a friend told me that someone knocked my bike over my bike, and when they saw it, it was lying on the ground. My right rear footpeg broke and there were a few scratches on the front right side fairing. I am really pi$$ed at whoever did it, cause I am at a loss now. I guess I'll park it in a safe spot next time.
        this is why I do what philwecksr does. Find a nice hash mark or a piece of sidewalk that won't piss anyone off.
        R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          I don't get freaked out about cars parking next to me unless I parked on the sidewalk to begin with...
          The ones that bug me are the ones over the lines, parked partially into my space, because it tells me they don't know their vehicles well enough to know where their corners are and are potentially dangerous to me in traffic... and to the bike in parking lots... which is often why I like to park on the sidewalk.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          I used to like to hock big loogs on those windshields . I used to ALWAYS get goobs take up part of my space because , I guess , they thought I didn't NEED the whole thing . Well it's MINE . Get OUT ! . I now park in the back half of the space angled sideways , so I'm BASICALLY taking up the whole space .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I now park in the hash stripes at the end of the lane. I kept finding shopping carts stacked all around my bike. One scratch later I park where I want.
            In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth.
            www.myspace.com/adamerogers

Comment

I park on the sidewalks so no car there...
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Pretty much the only place I park the bike alone is when I ride to work. There's a corner in the bottom of the parkade where no car can fit and still be able to get out, so it basically the "Bike Parking" area. On nice days there are usually 4 or 5 bikes parked in there, and no one is in anyone's way. It's quite nice. No one ever messes with them.

If I worked night shift on the other hand, I'd be parked inside the locked doors of our office. Even though our building security walks out there, I would not trust my bike there at all.
                -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                X