X

rusted headers...how do I fix this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rusted headers...how do I fix this?

OK so I was changing the oil the other weekend and I noticed my headers were quite rusted, I have a 97 kat 600 which has sat for the better part of its life in my buddies garage before I bought it and started riding it again..

They're not rusted thru, they just don't look to good at all, can I take these off, sand or sandblast them, paint, and reinstall without to much trouble to make them A) look better, B) last longer.. or am I just wasting my time here?

Re: rusted headers...how do I fix this?

Originally posted by bgb443
    They're not rusted thru, they just don't look to good at all, can I take these off, sand or sandblast them, paint, and reinstall without to much trouble to make them A) look better, B) last longer.. or am I just wasting my time here?
    I did this. Looks great....while you have the headers off, port your exhaust ports.

Comment

and how do you do that? exactly? is there a sticky around here on how to port them?

How long did it take you to do it? (sanding repainting etc)

Comment

Cyberpoet talks about some kind of ceramic coating that can be done. He swears by it. He will probably chime in on this topic and explain it for you.

Comment

You may find some useful info here:

Comment

Working...
          X