X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny! It's actually hanging from the corner of the porch
    Last edited by stretched600; 05-01-2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Went and paid Kreylyn a visit...brought back my goodies to get me back on the road!!!

Comment

• Had a new starter installed and she liiiiiiives again!!!!

I am all stoked!!!!!

Comment

• Changed the alternator and got the front wheel on!!! Yaaay lol took it for a short test ride without incident Good to Go Thanks Again Krey (now for a new valve stem for the front and a little brake fluid and bleeding for the rear and she be tiptop)
          Last edited by stretched600; 05-03-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Pros... Installed one of these and cleaned up the underseat area...

Here it is finished...

Cons... none with the Batt... took her for a ride and I think some debris has found a port in one of my Carbs... changing the plugs tomorrow and if that is not it, puling the carbs again...
            "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Took her out for a rip this evening over to a friends house.
              2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
              - Aaron

Comment

• covered her out back on our first 80 degree sunny day in a while cause shes in pieces :/
                never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
                Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
                confused katana build

Comment

• Cant find the vacuum leak and she has to be rideable on the 18th so I put her back together I will have to try and tackle it again after that

Comment

• carb cleaner or starting fluid does wonders for that if you havent yet
                    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
                    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
                    confused katana build

Comment

• i painted the front fairing red and i'm going to sand it tomorrow
                      i also cleaned most of my other fairings with polish and then i sat around and sat on it and pretended it was running :..(

Comment

• Finally put the tag on it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by blitz2190 View Post
                          carb cleaner or starting fluid does wonders for that if you havent yet
                          Yeah I tried that its just being a pain to find

Comment

• so last night I started taking the whole thing apart. I accidentally left it on PRIME overnight and couldn't get it started. I ended up changing oil and oil filter, air filter, and taking the tank off as well as drained the carbs of any fuel. When I changed my oil, it started seeping normal then it started gushing out a ton of gas, it was like I turned on a faucet on blast. Picked up where I left off this morning. New oil and oil filter, new air filter. Now I'm trying to crank it and it's just not starting. My guess is that there is no fuel in the carbs to get it going. It wants to somewhat start, seems like it's barely turning over. I read on KR that it will take a while to get the bike started again. Anybody have any ideas? I'm trying to be patient and continue testing, I just want to make sure i'm not missing something here.
                            - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaneG320U545 View Post
                              so last night I started taking the whole thing apart. I accidentally left it on PRIME overnight and couldn't get it started. I ended up changing oil and oil filter, air filter, and taking the tank off as well as drained the carbs of any fuel. When I changed my oil, it started seeping normal then it started gushing out a ton of gas, it was like I turned on a faucet on blast. Picked up where I left off this morning. New oil and oil filter, new air filter. Now I'm trying to crank it and it's just not starting. My guess is that there is no fuel in the carbs to get it going. It wants to somewhat start, seems like it's barely turning over. I read on KR that it will take a while to get the bike started again. Anybody have any ideas? I'm trying to be patient and continue testing, I just want to make sure i'm not missing something here.
                              First, you need to replace the float needles in your carbs. Then, you turn it to prime for 30 seconds or so to refill the carbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                                First, you need to replace the float needles in your carbs. Then, you turn it to prime for 30 seconds or so to refill the carbs.
                                right, but I would just like to go with the temporary fix of getting it started again. I don't have the time and money to get the carbs resynch'd at the moment. I will try switching it to PRIME for a few. Thanks!
                                - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Working...
                                X