Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

need some opinions on these carbs b4 buying....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some opinions on these carbs b4 buying....

anyone have any experience with edelbrock carbs on a streetbike? I know they make decent carbs for cars....but never even knew they made them for streetbikes. this guy wants to trade me. they are like lectrons....which mean no jets. it is all done with the needles. thet are actually pretty sweet for ease of adjustment....but I am not sure how they are for street use.
    so....anyone have any experience with them?

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

It would certainly be an interesting conversation piece if they work out...
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

They appear to be flat-slide carbs (meaning they would have to be retuned for any significant altitude changes and potentially even for significant weather changes).

They are also prototype carbs, meaning parts will not be readily available if anything wears down (such as slides, needles, etc). Personally, except as a conversation piece or possible race-track set-up, I would walk away from them.

Final thought: if they were for a '97 GSXR, wouldn't that by definition mean they were for water-cooled bikes, and thus spaced incorrectly for any oil-air Suzuki engine?

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Man, those would be great! I think they would work out really great, specially with that V&H engine.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          They appear to be flat-slide carbs (meaning they would have to be retuned for any significant altitude changes and potentially even for significant weather changes).

They are also prototype carbs, meaning parts will not be readily available if anything wears down (such as slides, needles, etc). Personally, except as a conversation piece or possible race-track set-up, I would walk away from them.

Final thought: if they were for a '97 GSXR, wouldn't that by definition mean they were for water-cooled bikes, and thus spaced incorrectly for any oil-air Suzuki engine?

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          I already made up my mind concerning those. I will not trade him even because I think my carbs will sell for more. however, I will watch his action, and if I can get them for under $100, I might grab them just to try. as far as parts....you can still get the needles, which is all you really need. those carbs are just like lectrons. and yes, they are very finiky. altitude and humidity will influence them greatly. you always need to be adjusting them. however, once you know what you need to set, they are easy to adjust. one of the easiest out there. I see these more as a spare set to swap out if you want to spend a day at the drag strip....but not everyday street use.

as far as the spacing, they are supposed to be adjustable. lectrons don't even use the rails.....they are all individual held in place only by the intake boot. each carb has it's own seperate cable.

Lou....what ever happened to those carbs you had?
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
          X