Most common mistakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woobie
    Originally posted by Babs
    Braking in a corner. I still roll off the throttle when I get panicked when cornering which is also wrong.
    I'm with Babs on this one. A newbie goes into a corner too hot and brakes, which stands the bike up and drives right off the road.
    you also shift the weight of the bike off the rear wheel when you do this. it makes it easier to break it free. Sport Riding techniques and other books explain it better than I can.

Comment

Wanting to do what the stunters do, and go mac 1 on their first trip out.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

you dont have to have the best, to be the best...get a bike that fits your abilities first, and your style second.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
          Wearing Boxers and not something that will hold "The Boys" up close so when you hit a bump going down the highway, they don't smack the tank

It does NOT feel good!
          Or when braking hard . Stopped wearing boxers while riding after doing that one . My boys were knocked up into my throat the rest of the day after that one ! Oh yeah , moving back and forth across the seat in the fun corners also hurts without the proper support ! Always fun to sit on the boys while mid-corner
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            Originally posted by SweetLou
            Wearing Boxers and not something that will hold "The Boys" up close so when you hit a bump going down the highway, they don't smack the tank

It does NOT feel good!
            Or when braking hard . Stopped wearing boxers while riding after doing that one . My boys were knocked up into my throat the rest of the day after that one ! Oh yeah , moving back and forth across the seat in the fun corners also hurts without the proper support ! Always fun to sit on the boys while mid-corner
            you fellas obviously dont grip the tank with your knee's. i only ever do hard mountain riding and ive never had the prob of squashed boys.

biggest prob with newbies is they never give themselves time to learn,.... i know.. i was one of them. theres a lot of things that u learn thru experience.. allow yourself to experience them all at a slower pace. dont be so keen to jump on and gas it... you'll die.

cheers.joe.

Comment

Working...
            X