X

almost had an accident

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost had an accident

after few days of driving, I decided to ride to work today......but almost had an accident on the way......here's how it happened.....

I was approaching a green light just changed from red and there were few cars waiting there........

I "assumed" cars in front of me would start moving before I got there, so I was't slow down AND I was thinking something else.........

So, as you can imagine, I almost hit a car's rear. I braked (luckily, I didn't lock the front) and turned into space between two cars.........

I was shocked........and felt lucky there's nothing happened........
    so, I learned a lesson which is my common mistakes.........don't ride and have my mind on something else at the same time.........
    A Kat is gone and a Strom is coming!

Glad to hear you didn't learn the hard way.
    I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Also glad you had enough presence of mind to swerve between the cars!!!! Good lesson learned though Grasshopper!!! :P
      sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
      MSF Rider Coach 27028
      MoPowerSports.com
      Torco
      SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Originally posted by GixerKat
        Also glad you had enough presence of mind to swerve between the cars!!!! Good lesson learned though Grasshopper!!! :P
        Good learning the easy way, not the hard way. Props to you.
        If you're riding and you can THINK of something a cager MIGHT do, no matter how moronic, 9 times outta 10 they'll do it. And if you look at them and think "there's no way he/she will try that", I guarantee you that they'll try it.
        sigpic

Comment

Glad you are alright, and didn't get hurt in the process of learning this lesson!
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

another one.....

yes, another one just happened on the way home....

I was crossing an intersection and a white Celica on my right hand side was turning into my lane, too!!

so....I flashed her.....(yes, but don't ask why not use horn ) then swerved again........and I kicked the hood (ok, that one just joking)

so, safely got home, end an exciting day
            A Kat is gone and a Strom is coming!

Comment

Just another normal day in SoCal traffic Mang!!!! Might as well get used to it as it happens every day to most of us. Sucks but thats Cali drivers
              sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
              MSF Rider Coach 27028
              MoPowerSports.com
              Torco
              SoCalTrackDays

Comment

I will trade you NYC traffic any day

Comment

Phoenix, AZ is just as bad!
                  Glad you and your bike are in one piece, just remember that ALL cage driver's are idiot's, to put it nicely.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                  X