No announcement yet.
X

Lithium iron battery ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a pic of it next to a stock battery for better size comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post
      Do you have a pic of it next to a stock battery for better size comparison?
      I was going to take that pic, and it slipped my mind. I can give you the dimensions however:

Stock battery:

(W) 5 7/8" X (D) 3 3/8" X (H) 4 1/8"

Weight: 7lb 7.5oz

Ballistic EVO2

(W) 4 3/8 X (D) 3 3/8" X (H) 4"

Weight: 2lb 5oz

Of course the Katana stock and Ballistic batteries will be smaller.
      Last edited by KatanaGSX92; 03-30-2012, 08:55 PM.
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

I would shove a piece of foam next to it in the bast box to keep it from moving when cornering. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post
          I would shove a piece of foam next to it in the bast box to keep it from moving when cornering. Just a thought.
          Yup, I mention that is what I did in my original post about the battery.
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa

Comment

I'll second KatanaGSX92's comments.

Man I installed the 12 cell Ballistics battery in my bike too and was amazed how quick the motor cranked.

Check this short video for reference.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCKRyAjLjQ0"]ballistic battery full load start - YouTube[/ame]
            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
              I'll second KatanaGSX92's comments.

Man I installed the 12 cell Ballistics battery in my bike too and was amazed how quick the motor cranked.

Check this short video for reference.

ballistic battery full load start - YouTube
              I've had mine for about a month now. Because of the crazy weather we've been having here in So Cal where it's hot during the week and then rains on the weekends or during the week, I haven't been able to ride as much as I like. It's been down to about once a week or less. However, The bike still starts just as fast as when I first installed the Ballistic battery with no need to put it on a battery tender.

The other thing I notice is how quickly the bike starts when it is hot. The busa is notorious for being hard to start when it is hot. Not an issue with this battery.
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa

Comment

As spring approaches it's time to pull my Kat out of hibernation.

As noted in this thread I purchased a 12 cell ballistics battery last year and was very satisfied with the power of this light-weight battery.

When I parked the bike for the winter I just disconnected the battery. I didn't remove the battery from the bike or charge the battery all winter.

I'll capture and post a video of the start up (or attempted start up) when I get into my shed. The ice is now gone so I'm curious how the Ballistics battery survived the deep freeze.
                1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

I ran a 4 cell all last season.
                  swapped it with the dirtbike battery and will get the 6 cell end of may.

they work great and far better for cranking in cold weather and charging stuff like Gopro with wifi backpack and remote, GPS, and cell phone.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Well, I finally got into my shed and was able to see if my Ballistics battery made it through another winter with out a trickle charger (2nd winter).

I hooked 'er up and the bike fired right up! I left my bike on prime too... don't know how the hell I did that but she fired right up and the gas level didn't drop. DOH

1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Got one, like it. :
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
                        I hooked 'er up and the bike fired right up! I left my bike on prime too... don't know how the hell I did that but she fired right up and the gas level didn't drop. DOH
                        OMG, that info could not have been better timed due to a prior thread...

And the Lith Iron batteries are amzing. I'm sold on them.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I got a shorai battery from gsxfjim, and it's way better than any battery I've ever used in a Kat. Even my post didn't start this easy. She fires up first crank even when its freezing out. I am thoroughly impressed.
                          http://www.envyplayer.com/13.mp4 for sale with lots of parts

Comment

Originally posted by notten View Post
                            I got a shorai battery from gsxfjim, and it's way better than any battery I've ever used in a Kat. Even my post didn't start this easy. She fires up first crank even when its freezing out. I am thoroughly impressed.
                            When this SLA kicks the bucket I think I am going to make the switch. Can you still charge them with a SLA/AGM charger tho?

Comment

Winter #3 spring start with Lithium battery

Hey guys,

The damn winter has released its grip (hopefully) and I was able to get to my shed and fire up my old girl.

This winter has been very cold with average temperatures of -20C all February long!

Here is a quick video of my bike starting up with a battery that sat all winter without a trickle charge!

Last edited by BareKat; 03-14-2015, 11:50 AM.
                              1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Working...
                              X