No announcement yet.
X

Fairing Kit.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, did the kit come, and did you install them yet??? would like to know how they went on...
    "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

I dont havethe fairings that is why I would need to purchase more

Comment

Well, if you check out ebay, there's a few sets on there that you can piece together. Main fairings are a bit pricey but they're on there.

97 Katana 600

Comment

Fastfairings.com is supposed to be better quality than the Chinese eBay versions. But, $799 is still dicey, compared to the $450 you probably paid. I've talked to a lot of folks that have purchased DQCKO (dubious quality Chinese knock off) fairings. They're hit and miss.

Hope it works out. Post pics.
          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

ff.com doesn't have pre98 though, do they?

97 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by jraggett View Post
              ff.com doesn't have pre98 though, do they?
              Nope. Just post.

Comment

pre 98 fairings

from the site:
                We sell an unfinished unpainted product, it is your responsibility to sand, finish, and paint the parts you buy from us.
                The parts we sell are un-drilled; it is your responsibility to drill all of the mounting holes and fit the parts onto your chassis.

also pricey but ..you get what you pay for

Comment

Originally posted by VifferJim View Post
                  Fastfairings.com is supposed to be better quality than the Chinese eBay versions. But, $799 is still dicey, compared to the $450 you probably paid. I've talked to a lot of folks that have purchased DQCKO (dubious quality Chinese knock off) fairings. They're hit and miss.

Hope it works out. Post pics.
                  I did alot of research on most of these companies selling kits outside of ebay that claim to be based in the USA. Yes, the company itself is based in the USA. However, that is just their offices and, in some cases such as ff.com, their warehouses. The fairings are still coming from China. This finding does not include some companies that make the fiberglass race fairings.
                  In the end, I just purchased a complete set of OEM fairings, I got lucky and it cost less than even the ebay aftermarket fairings.
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by garbagekid View Post
                    http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...6001988-97.htm

pre 98 fairings

from the site:
                    We sell an unfinished unpainted product, it is your responsibility to sand, finish, and paint the parts you buy from us.
                    The parts we sell are un-drilled; it is your responsibility to drill all of the mounting holes and fit the parts onto your chassis.

also pricey but ..you get what you pay for
                    Airtech products are fiberglass. I have a front fender on my Yami from them. Would I order panels from them....no.
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

The china fairings are ok. I just bought a set for my R1. I would rate the Paint job a 9 out of 10 but the paint prep a 7 out of 10. I found two spots where scratches can be seen from poor prep work but you get what you paid for. For fitment i would gife it a 8 out of 10 just due to the small peices on the nose fitting not cliping together exactley right. The quality I would rate a 9. Make sure you get the abs injection mold and not the stamped mold. most of them how they are manufactured. DO NOT BUY THE PVC SETS! buddy bought a set last year and they are brittle and they brake.

Comment

Erm, it's Delusions. FYI.

Comment

And the fairings break, not "brake."
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

if the fairings could "brake" when i wanted them to id buy them in an instant.

just a few more days til i get them. they are in the US and have made it through customs.

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                              I did alot of research on most of these companies selling kits outside of ebay that claim to be based in the USA. Yes, the company itself is based in the USA. However, that is just their offices and, in some cases such as ff.com, their warehouses. The fairings are still coming from China. This finding does not include some companies that make the fiberglass race fairings.
                              Agreed.

Comment

So i got my new body kit today. I was putting everything on, typical bull S*** starting happening. Stuff didnt fit right, missing screws, wrong screws. Well. Everything turned out ok in the end except for one little detail I overlooked. the taillight bracket from 98-02 is different from the 02+. So if anyone has a bracket they can ship to texas, quick fast and in a hurry, please send me a pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X