No announcement yet.
X

Half helmets are a NO NO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even the guy that did a circuit of the Isle of Man TT in the nude just recently wore a full face helmet and boots....though if he came off at the speeds he was travelling at I doubt that he would actually want to live.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Comment

i can tell u from personal experience. full face is all i will wear. i was traveling about 30 when a car went around a median and cut me off. i slam the breaks to avoid hitting the car. normally i can do stoppies but there was some salt still on the road it was beginning of the season. i went face first. and the entire from of my helmet was shaved off. just to think that could of been my chin and cheek bones. and that was at 30. Ill swear by full face.
      sigpic2001 katana 600 D&D Exhaust, stage 2 Jets, K&N Air filter, tail eliminator and many more to come

Comment

I wear a full face HJC CS air identical to this one and have a second one for passengers..If it doesnt fit right or you dont have one you dont ride

Comment

Wild Bill - great link, lots of detailed information.

I ride with a full face helmet. Cleaning all the insects off the shield after a evening ride is a good reminder of how useful it is.

Comment

Originally posted by glavinlh View Post
            i can tell u from personal experience. full face is all i will wear. i was traveling about 30 when a car went around a median and cut me off. i slam the breaks to avoid hitting the car. normally i can do stoppies but there was some salt still on the road it was beginning of the season. i went face first. and the entire from of my helmet was shaved off. just to think that could of been my chin and cheek bones. and that was at 30. Ill swear by full face.
            on what bike? lol
            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
            Current Bikes:
            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

my kawi ninja
              sigpic2001 katana 600 D&D Exhaust, stage 2 Jets, K&N Air filter, tail eliminator and many more to come

Comment

DOT shouldn't even approve those half helmets, its ridiculous cause they are so much more dangerous than full faced or 3/4ths helmets.

Comment

I always ride with a full face helmet too. Although mine is about 10 years old and only DOT not snell so I probably need to update it and get a newer one.

Comment

Originally posted by 91GSX750 View Post
                    I always ride with a full face helmet too. Although mine is about 10 years old and only DOT not snell so I probably need to update it and get a newer one.
                    Get a Shoei RF1100 best helmet ive ever bought
                    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                    Current Bikes:
                    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
                    X