X

Aftermarket Fairings 88-97

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Fairings 88-97

Just wondering if there is an aftermarket fairing kit for the 88-97 Kats. I've got a left upper and lower that are road rashed pretty bad and the upper has a big crack where the mirror mounts.

I could buy a used upper and lower on ebay and have them painted to match the factory paint, but then it might be easier and just as much $$$ to buy them new from Suzuki already painted.

I could repaint the whole bike, but I've got those ugly *** purple rims and what other color goes with Prince's Purple Rain rims other than the factory dark blue?
    Last edited by Trub; 02-04-2008, 03:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Meijer and Airtech both made replacement fairings for the katana.

I've never used any of the airtech parts, but the meijer ones IMO aren't worth the money.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Repair and repaint your plastics (research platicwelding) , and Duplicolor makes wheel paint .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I bought some Maier fairings off of EBay really cheap. They were mounted on a bike before but not scratched or cracked. I am SO glad that I didn't buy them new because I would have called them for a refund and been really ticked off. I am going to take some pics sometime in the future and show the difference between these and the origional set.

As for things that I can think of off of the top of my head.

- thinner
        - poor fitting
        - needed to cut into them in some spots so they fit right

Comment

Other than Air Tech or Meier or Fleabay does anyone else know of somewhere to get them?

Comment

no, you can't buy them from Suzuki either, thats a discontinued item.

Comment

Fairings

I have some pretty taddered fairing off my 94, suppose they would be repairable. Only major issue is the right mirror mounting area is cracked and the left lower I think is missing a piece. I would sell real cheap, however shipping would probably be more than they are worth unless your in utah!

Comment

I think the newer Maier fairings may be better than the one's people keep mentioning. I just found out when I tore my bike down for the engine swap, that the LH main fairing (that was replaced by a previous owner - he purchased it at the DEALER and it was painted to match) is a Maier fairing. One thing though, it does NOT have the molded pieces for the 'trim piece' that screws on near the gauge panel / windscreen.

Comment

You get what you pay for. If they were just as good as factory, they wouldn't be so cheap. Not worth it in my opinion. Ebay is a much better option.

Comment

Maier plastics: BAD
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by WyredHardware View Post
                      Other than Air Tech or Meier or Fleabay does anyone else know of somewhere to get them?

There is a cycle salvage yard in Sanford, Florida called "Jacks Cycle & Salvage". He has a pretty good selection for every kind of motorcycle. His number is (407) 302-3311.

Give them a call and see if they can help you.

-Darrell
                      Originally posted by Nero
                      "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                      SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                        Maier plastics: BAD
                        I understand your experience. What I'm saying is, compared to the verified OEM RH fairing, the LH Maier fairing fits JUST as good...is just as sturdy. I would have never known it wasn't OEM if I hadn't of looked for the Part#.

Now would I buy 'em for my bike? No...I'd much rather find some nice used stuff...

Comment

Working...
                        X