• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red007 View Post
    I got tired of carb work so I am passing the Kat down to the wifey
    Haha i thought this was funny

you know your gonna end up working on it more after the wifey owns it

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      I had sliders on my 05 750. They didn't really help much.
      I thought you totaled that thing in pretty grand fashion?
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I believe that's why he said the sliders didn't do much good.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

Thats a good looking bike, but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling. but thats just my opinion! but agian nice bike!

Comment

Originally posted by soulless kaos View Post
            personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600
            You're kidding....... right?
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

a properly tuned 600 may be lighter, and handle slightly better than a modern literbike, and could possibly have a slight advantage on real tight twisty roads, with a very good rider aboard, but as soon as the road straightens out, any 1k sportbike that's running properly(and 750's) should easily walk away from pretty much any 600 no matter how well it's tuned. There's about a 20-25hp difference between the 600's and a GSX-R750, and another 30-40hp difference between the 750 and current 1k's. The 750's and 1k's definetly have an advantage when it comes to all out acceleration and top speed.
              John,
              sigpic

Comment

but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600
                So do the laws of physics apply in your world?

Comment

What is the date today?

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                    What is the date today?

Tmod
                    There's a difference between April fools and being flat out retarded. The jury's still out on that jem.

Comment

Thats a good looking bike, but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling. but thats just my opinion! but agian nice bike!
                      Omg...

You are never allowed to speak again, ever...

As for the 750 walking a 600, I've kept up with several till WELL into triple digits from a dig so I wouldn't exactly call that a walk John
                      Last edited by scottynoface; 04-01-2012, 09:10 PM.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        Omg...

You are never allowed to speak again, ever...

As for the 750 walking a 600, I've kept up with several till WELL into triple digits from a dig so I wouldn't exactly call that a walk John
                        Well you are riding a "cheater" 600 (636) afterall, which was known for being slightly stronger than most of the true 600's . I was able to keep up with my friends ZX14 with the full Brocks treatment from around a 10mph rolling start until around 145mph, but eventually he would start pulling away, same thing that I would expect the 750 to do to a 600. While you might be able to keep up pretty good from a dig into the triple digits, eventually the extra hp should still allow the 750 or 1k to pull away to some extent with a higher top speed than your 636 can pull. Notice I did say "walk away" not "leave you behind like your chained to a tree". OK I'm done with this unscheduled threadjacking. OP, I will say it again, nice bike.
                        Last edited by Psycho1; 04-01-2012, 09:32 PM.
                        John,
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
                          Well you are riding a "cheater" 600 (636) afterall, which was known for being slightly stronger than most of the true 600's . I was able to keep up with my friends ZX14 with the full Brocks treatment from around a 10mph rolling start until around 145mph, but eventually he would start pulling away, same thing that I would expect the 750 to do to a 600. While you might be able to keep up pretty good from a dig into the triple digits, eventually the extra hp should still allow the 750 or 1k to pull away to some extent with a higher top speed than your 636 can pull. Notice I did say "walk away" not "leave you behind like your chained to a tree". OK I'm done with this unscheduled threadjacking. OP, I will say it again, nice bike.

Yeah, 130 seems to be the magic number, shifting into fifth is bad even on a cheater bike.

First gen 1k is still my favorite looks wise, needs the OEM blue and white with white wheels.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

In my opinion... on the street the only reason one really needs more than 800cc is for passenger pulling torque. 600cc bikes are powerful enough to get a rider past almost anything moving a little faster than the speed limit. even up hill!
                            If I didn't have passengers so often I could just ride my 600 and be happy.... maybe...... I doubt it.
                            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                            Tony
                            94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              First gen 1k is still my favorite looks wise, needs the OEM blue and white with white wheels.
                              Methinks you just put an idea in the OP's mind........would look really cool though. Chain lube would definitely come into play.
                              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                              ------------------------------------------
                              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                                Methinks you just put an idea in the OP's mind........would look really cool though. Chain lube would definitely come into play.

My neighbor at college had a cherry 2001 in the blue/white with white wheels.

My idiot roommate backed over it, she wasn't happy about the $3k bill she got for it. But the kid was a dbag anyway so eh

Comment

Working...
                                X