Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What Front Rims will fit a 2006 600f?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Front Rims will fit a 2006 600f?????

I know its got to be on the site a dozen times but I can't find it. From my research it looks like only 03+ front rims are interchangable.

Please help confirm or deny it.

I would like to choose safety over matching the rear rim so the rim does not have to be the same color or style for now.

My front rim has one bend about 3 inches long, does not leak air, but looks like the tire is week in that spot. Is this something I could have fixed cheaper?

Also please chime in if you have one for sale.

Originally posted by travman10 View Post
    I know its got to be on the site a dozen times but I can't find it. From my research it looks like only 03+ front rims are interchangable.

Please help confirm or deny it.

I would like to choose safety over matching the rear rim so the rim does not have to be the same color or style for now.

My front rim has one bend about 3 inches long, does not leak air, but looks like the tire is week in that spot. Is this something I could have fixed cheaper?

Also please chime in if you have one for sale.
    apparently 03-06 front rims are the same for Kats, and, for the 2004-2009 SV650.

check Ebay, theres a few

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

You can use the 98-02 front wheel, but you will also need the triple clamps as the spacing for the forks is different. It basically requires a front end swap IIRC.

Comment

Thanks, do you know if there is a forum out there that talks about using the triple clamps? From reading sounds like the speedo cable goes to the trany so I don't have to wory about that. I appreciate the info

I appreciate the rim match info. do you know if the gsxr or hybus rims will fit if they have the same specs on the rim
        Last edited by travman10; 05-04-2012, 10:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Not without doing a total front end swap.

The 03+ bike deletes the spacer for the speedo pickup, the bikes have not had the speedo run off the front wheel since 1997.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by travman10 View Post
            Thanks, do you know if there is a forum out there that talks about using the triple clamps? From reading sounds like the speedo cable goes to the trany so I don't have to wory about that. I appreciate the info

I appreciate the rim match info. do you know if the gsxr or hybus rims will fit if they have the same specs on the rim
            This one does.

SV650 or Katana rims fit. The others don't unless you do a front end swap as the axle sizes are different I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
              This one does.

SV650 or Katana rims fit. The others don't unless you do a front end swap as the axle sizes are different I believe.
              It's not just the axle sizes that are different. The axles themselves are different. On the 98-02, it's a bolt with a nut. On the 03-06, it's a recessed hex head bolt with the spacer as part of the axle. You can't use that axle/wheel with different fork spacing, it just wouldn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by ygolohcysp View Post
                It's not just the axle sizes that are different. The axles themselves are different. On the 98-02, it's a bolt with a nut. On the 03-06, it's a recessed hex head bolt with the spacer as part of the axle. You can't use that axle/wheel with different fork spacing, it just wouldn't work.
                I was referring to his question about the GSXR and Hayabusa rims. Thanks for confirming the 98-02. I have an 05. I thought it was just the different spacing. Learned something new today!

I THINK this is what you meant, but it's actually a 14 MM allen socket.

Comment

Here is the factory P/N.. 54111-08F20-019

Here is the link to the RA "where used" Fiche, put the # in and hit go...

http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                  http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                  '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                  "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                  "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Working...
                  X