CARBS 101 (LONG, but worth it!!) CARBS101

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, thank you Keith, I could not have said it better or as good
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

As far as reference material goes, I have a PDF service manual for 98-06 600cc, would the diagrams be the same for the 750? Most everything else seems to be the same or damn close.
      Agem cannot be polished without friction, nor can a man be perfected without trials.

1998 Katana 750 "Katch me"

Comment

DAMN..that's a lot to take in but very helpfulfor what I'll have to deal wth. Thank you
        Me
        http://www.myspace.com/alllostthings

Comment

I am trying to sync my carbs 1100 for a Kat 92". I have already disassembled my carbs cleaned and re-assembled. For some reason I was unable to get my bike to start as if it was not getting any gas. I can spray started fluid into the carbs and the bike fires up like a pro until the fluid runs out and then the bike cuts off. I have replaced all my hoses and am going to go back into the carbs. I am wondering if theses carb setting will also work for the carbs I have. Any Ideas anyone
          Some people grow big and tall and some stay the same... My 600 grew 527cc's by high school and stayed the same size. He use to get bullied by a few people:

Jigzer and Shrad were brothers
          Charlie Brown Rodjers also known as CBR
          Kall Asaki from Japan

I'm not a racer but at a stop light Jigzer pulled up and so did Shrad. They reved their engines....
          The light changes to green light so we ride...
          Then they read my license plate and it says
          " KATchup "

Comment

1127 engine ? I doubt your settings would be the same ..... But if it's only running on starting fluid , yeah , you ain't getting fuel . Not even with the choke on ? Should at LEAST run that way ..... The plugs smell like gas ? Try it on prime ? SURE you cleaned all the crap out ?
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Clogged idle jets or something in the pilot circuit. The main jets are only used when the throttle is open.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

But the mains DO have ne effect on other parts of the system . They'll effect how much gets through the pilot circuit , as well as what can get "around" the needels .

Comment

More air = more turns out!) (BE CAREFUL! ¼ turn makes a BIG difference!)

??? is this right i thought it was other way around ???

Comment

Originally posted by evil-eye
                    More air = more turns out!) (BE CAREFUL! ¼ turn makes a BIG difference!)

??? is this right i thought it was other way around ???
                    You are correct , sir . More turns out add more FUEL .

Comment

Wait... wait, wait, so, which is it then ? AFAIK the more you turn the mixture screw out, the more lean the mixture gets .. ?
                      Coz, when i first set my Kat to 0,7 turns out, it almost shot fuel out of the exhaust. But now the A/F mixture screw is 2,1 turns out and she runs much better.

Comment

0,7 and 2,1? Huh?

The more you turn the screw out, the richer the mix.
                        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Are you sure ? Richer as in the engine gets more fuel than air ? I mean, AFAIK, if you turn the screw out, then more air goes through the tubes and it resists fuel (braking-air if I translate it rough from my language). Damn...
                          Now im extremely confused. Thing is, my bike took 10 liters to 100km so I was sure the mixture was too rich. And the exhaust fumes smelled like pure gasoline. With 2,1 turns out, it doesn't smell almost at all. :/ But, the tank seems to get empty as quick as before.

Comment

-Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Villu_EST
                              Are you sure ? Richer as in the engine gets more fuel than air ? I mean, AFAIK, if you turn the screw out, then more air goes through the tubes and it resists fuel (braking-air if I translate it rough from my language). Damn...
                              Now im extremely confused. Thing is, my bike took 10 liters to 100km so I was sure the mixture was too rich. And the exhaust fumes smelled like pure gasoline. With 2,1 turns out, it doesn't smell almost at all. :/ But, the tank seems to get empty as quick as before.
                              Well , my bike () was ALWAYS really rich . Sometimes smelled like DIESEL . Black plugs , black exhaust . Now that I figured it out , it doesn't reek like it used to . However , my mileage has not drastically improved as I'd hoped . It seems like under SOME circumstances my milage may have gotten a tad better , but on average , it's still fairly close to what it was when I was still REALLY rich . To get TRULY bad mileage , I had to be hitting on 3 or less cylinders .....

Comment

this thread is very interesting

I just got my kat, and the guy I got it from told me he cleaned the carbs.
                                After getting such sucky performance and gas mileage, I figured that this guy was lying.
                                I took the carbs out, and they're almost SPOTLESS!
                                but the bike is running VERY rich, so that means I have to adjust the A/F screws right? ('92 750)
                                YYYEEEAAAHHH BOY! OVER 425 RIDING MILES AND COUNTING!

Comment

Working...
                                X