No announcement yet.
X

My gear, and future gear.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF you're only problem with your helmet is problems with your faceshield fogging, pick up one of these and your problem will be solved. http://www.respro.com/products/racin...ng/foggy_mask/
    I bought one last year, and I can stand on my front porch with my helmet on when it's 16 degrees and my face shield refuses to fog up.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you guys for those links...I think I will look into them.

That jacket looks nice, but sadly I'm not a large lol. Add 2 x's in front and I'd be good lol. If I want to comfortably wear a hoodie under it, add another x lmao. I'll find one though.

I will probably guarantee I'll be buying one of those mask things. They seem like they would work. Do they restrict breathing? Cause I'm an asthmatic, and I can't afford to have my breathing restricted.
      Last edited by NitroGlycerin; 11-14-2009, 07:51 AM.
      - Remember -
      Ride wherever the road takes you and
      never stop until every inch of pavement
      has tasted your rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroGlycerin View Post
        Thank you guys for those links...I think I will look into them.

That jacket looks nice, but sadly I'm not a large lol. Add 2 x's in front and I'd be good lol. If I want to comfortably wear a hoodie under it, add another x lmao. I'll find one though.

I will probably guarantee I'll be buying one of those mask things. They seem like they would work. Do they restrict breathing? Cause I'm an asthmatic, and I can't afford to have my breathing restricted.

that was just an example, lots of 3XL jackets down by Philly.

the mask just directs your breath down away from the shield... no breath restriction.

See My Garage for mods...
        T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
        Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by NitroGlycerin View Post
          Right now I have a HJC CS-R1 helmet in gloss black. I really like it. The only problem I can find with it is the screen, and I need to invest in a new one. The one on it now is very flimsy, and not fog resistant at all. If I wear it closed for 2 minutes the screen is completely foggy and I need to open it.
          Stop being a mouth breather!

Your in luck, HJC helmets have Pinlock ready shields. Pick up a Pinlock shield and a Pinlock insert, and forget your troubles. After trying most of the products on the market, I finally gave up and went the Pinlock route. I will never buy another helmet if I can't run the Pinlock setup.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Never heard of newenough, cool site.

Comment

NEED TO BE COOL AND GET MATCHING GEAR SOON

Comment

This is all I need:

Last edited by "K"; 11-19-2009, 09:00 AM.

Comment

OK, so I know I told you all that I'm 100% going to stick with the same brand throughout my gear, however, I have saved myself 120$, and am getting way better quality gear. I upgraded from textile to full leather, from leather jacket, leather pants, gloves with leather palms and plastic knuckle protectors, as well as full leather boots.

The jacket is originally 300$, but it's on clearance for 100$, boots are 100$, pants are 140$, and gloves are 25$.

Here are the links:

-Jacket-
                  Motorcycle Closeouts has Insane Discounts on top-quality helmets & apparel for street, MX, ATV, UTV and bicycle. 5 Star Guarantee. E-Z Returns. Free Shipping.

-Pants-
                  Motorcycle Closeouts has Insane Discounts on top-quality helmets & apparel for street, MX, ATV, UTV and bicycle. 5 Star Guarantee. E-Z Returns. Free Shipping.

-Gloves-

-Boots-

I would love input on all the gear I'm planning to buy. Also if anyone has these items, I would be more than welcome to reviews
                  - Remember -
                  has tasted your rubber.

Comment

I am known as NitroGlycerin on many forums for close to 7 years. Why don't I just get NITRO riding gear?? Lmao It fits perfectly!! haha

Wow. If only I had like 1000+ dollars to buy the Nitro gear. I priced the jacket, pants, and boots, and the total in the cart (including shipping) was £669.68, which is 1,121.51$. The gloves are £29.99 which is 50.25$ plus shipping. So I guarantee it's going to be a LONG while before I can afford those Nitro's lol.

Ugh, I really wish I had 1200$ just lying around so I can buy leathers that were completely made for me haha.
                    - Remember -
                    has tasted your rubber.

Comment

Love the jacket but Im not a fan of textile pants. I have these for riding pants http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street...-men/68762.php and love them. I like the fact I can ride for food, go to the mall, or movie and just blend in.

And I have these for sneakers and paid $80 Cdn for them. Very comfortable, light weight and almost water proof. http://www.jafrum.com/MB2810

Comment

I have that jacket, and am very pleased with it. It vents well in the hot weather and have road with it in near freezing temperatures, with a T and a hoody under with no problems. Try to get it cheaper I paid 150 Canadian, so you should be able to get it cheaper. I have washed it a few times in the front load washer with no problems. I did however take the shoulder patches off, I likes the look better. Ride safe and have fun, you can't go wrong with rocket gear.

Comment

Working...
                        X