No announcement yet.
X

My Project GSXR PIC HEAVY!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the new addition!! Lmk if theres anything ya need for her bro!!
    I Quit KatRiders!

Comment

i think you got a decent deal good luck with your build

Comment

I'm def following this thread. When I was shopping for a bike all the gixxers got sold right from under me. I will have one someday though.
        Good luck on the build.
        Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Kat06 View Post
          Congrats on the new addition!! Lmk if theres anything ya need for her bro!!
          Will do bro. And um...Just to make sure I'm covering all bases here...I hate you.

Originally posted by luckythirteengt View Post
          i think you got a decent deal good luck with your build
          Thanks, I do too.

Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
          I'm def following this thread. When I was shopping for a bike all the gixxers got sold right from under me. I will have one someday though.
          Good luck on the build.
          I had two that I ALMOST had, I'm actually glad I ended up with this one. I know I couldn't afford a nice RTR GSXR, so something like this is EXACTLY what I was hoping for.
          sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
          2004 Katana 600 - Gone
          2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            That's gonna need some TLC! I'm amazed that front tire holds air. And what's up with the crack in the front fairing? It looks like they drilled both side so they could lace it back together.
            For some reason guys think they can zip tie them back together
            I would be tempted to go straight to street fighter
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Nice find still looks better then mine lol

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                For some reason guys think they can zip tie them back together
                I would be tempted to go straight to street fighter
                Yeah, I love the "stitches look", LoL!!!

I'm going to go with the overseas plastics for a hair under $500.00. Want to make it look as stock as possible.
                sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Nice project. Should still cost less than you would have paid for a non rashed one when you're all finished. Good score.
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Pa Kat;2163161]Will do bro. And um...Just to make sure I'm covering all bases here...I hate you.

I Quit KatRiders!

Comment

Hell the front fairings look fine

Honestly tho.. I have patched a fairing that was 100% cracked in 2 with JB weld and a dremel and a lot of sand paper... You can probably patch those front fairings for like 20 bucks in parts and save yourself a lot of money.. The rear is gone tho.. That sucker needs to be replaced.

There are some pictures of the amazing power of JB Weld... I like it better then bondo because it actually adhears into the plastic and wont break loose like bondo can.

Just dremel out maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the plastic on both sides of the crack about 1/2 an inch from the crack to either side then apply a ton of jb weld (make sure it is piled above the plastics).. then just let it cure and start sanding it down smooth... Makes a seamless bond... Then you just gotta paint the fairing.

I really think the majority of those plastics can be salvaged and rebuilt for cheap as dirt instead of buying new...
                      Last edited by numus; 02-20-2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by numus View Post
                        Hell the front fairings look fine

Honestly tho.. I have patched a fairing that was 100% cracked in 2 with JB weld and a dremel and a lot of sand paper... You can probably patch those front fairings for like 20 bucks in parts and save yourself a lot of money.. The rear is gone tho.. That sucker needs to be replaced.

There are some pictures of the amazing power of JB Weld... I like it better then bondo because it actually adhears into the plastic and wont break loose like bondo can.

Just dremel out maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the plastic on both sides of the crack about 1/2 an inch from the crack to either side then apply a ton of jb weld (make sure it is piled above the plastics).. then just let it cure and start sanding it down smooth... Makes a seamless bond... Then you just gotta paint the fairing.

I really think the majority of those plastics can be salvaged and rebuilt for cheap as dirt instead of buying new...
                        JB weld on plastic? Florida strikes again!!!!
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Umm Scotty? JB Weld IS plastic. It's just another brand of epoxy with some metal dust mixed in. According to the manufacturer's website it's specifically listed as compatible with ABS. Absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work just fine. Have you ever tried it?
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                            Umm Scotty? JB Weld IS plastic. It's just another brand of epoxy with some metal dust mixed in. According to the manufacturer's website it's specifically listed as compatible with ABS. Absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work just fine. Have you ever tried it?
                            +1 I've used JB Weld on everything from metal dirt bike crank cases to ABS plastic golf pull cart handles. That stuff works on just about everything!
                            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

A two-stage epoxy is your best friend for ABS..... don't ask me how I know.
                              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                              ------------------------------------------
                              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

And that's exactly what JB Weld is. Only thing I see wrong with it is that it's a relatively expensive brand. OTOH, the stuff does indeed work on just about everything and the color would blend pretty well with the original material.
                                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                                X