No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front tire and front end alignment done. I wish i had prayed to the goddess of rust.... i cussed the god of busted knuckles instead and broke one off... im currently soaking the nub and getting ready to weld a nut on it to try and back it out. Man every time the fairing and frame come off it gets harder to not just make it a street fighter.... it just looks so mean
    We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrontime View Post
      I bought my love today. Its cheaper that way. Ordered the rear shock and yoshi pipe. Another 140 spent brings the grand total to just under $900.00 and thats counting what i originally paid for the gixxer i stole the forks from, the new tires i ordered and even the 16" tire i decided not to use.
      Just a drop in the bucket....
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
        Just a drop in the bucket....
        I went all out on my last build, the 82 250R 3wheeler cost me about 3,000 total. It needed everything. This build i have tried to keep to a bare minimum, just to see how cheap i can do it.

Comment

• Stage 1 of refurbish/rebuild

Stage 1 done derust repaint

“Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
          Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
          ― Douglas Adams

Comment

• Free time + nice day = time to get the bike out! Just finished replacing sprockets and chain, so wanted to do a test ride and see if there were any issues. Turns out there are indeed issues... Started it up and let it warm up. Went to leave the driveway in my usual manner and the bike shut off. Huh, that's weird. Fire it up and get going again. I can't get over 20 mph. It just starts sound like a loud fart. Shuts off every time I come to a stop as well. Limped it around the corner like that until the next street over and then pushed it home. Starts normal, runs normal with choke on, but put any load on it and it breaks up bigtime. Measured exhaust temps, no single culprit there, all were reasonable (left side was hotter than right slightly, but it was also sitting on the stand... Gas was fresh when it went in 2 months ago.

Comment

• Sounds like your petcock is gunked up, dont leave it there, but switch for a moment to test to the prime setting. If it runs fine, take the petcock apart and clean the o ring, and the mating surface with 000 steel wool.

Comment

• I put new tires on..... metzeler sortech m7's

Comment

• Finally got the chrome grilles installed....had to use a Dremel and hammer loose the upmost fairing bolt to get the fairing off...
                  Last edited by Ro54; 08-09-2017, 10:56 AM.
                  2001-GSX600F
                  2014 CB500X

Comment

• Working on a 4" swing arm extension

Im also almost done with my Katana 600 tail conversion

The last of my turbo goodies came in the mail today.

All that's left is the plumbing and the water meth kit
                    Last edited by Tekgnome; 08-10-2017, 09:17 AM.
                    Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
                    The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

• Got some time in on the "cylinder 3 and 4 won't fire if the choke is off" problem. I learned a lot of things that *aren't* wrong... Still not sure what actually is wrong, but odds are near 100% it's in the carbs. Wondering if maybe some debris got in the tank and found its way down into the 3/4 tee?

Comment

• Check the tank for rust - if there's any, you need to address that first or all the carb cleanigs in the world won't help. The rust will just clog 'em up again.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Yesterday i took the silly windscreen slider and electronics off, i beat the headlight frame back into a semi square shape, painted it, hit it some more and fitted the cowl again. I couldnt stand the slightly crooked fairing.

Comment

• Might want to lube the track while you're working on the screen mechanics.

Bought a 98 750 to replace the ol' 600 that a car took out a few mins that back. 20k miles, $1500. Little rough around the edges cosmetically, needs some basic maintenance, but pretty sweet deal. 750s in my area often go for 2500-3k.
                            Changed the oil last night. Needs a new rear before i start riding it - minimal tread and a date code of 2000.
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Working on hell.... im deleting them. Gonna drop another 5 lbs and simplify the whole thing. Fixed windscreen and riveted can this afternoon after work. Congrats on the new ride!

Comment

• Filled the tank and took it out for a 35 mile test ride for the first time since working on it almost everyday for 3wks lol

Comment

Working...
                                X