X

SS HEL brake line ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS HEL brake line ?

So I was searching and didn't see it mentioned but when I was on their sit there are a few options Mainly standard lines or race lines. So what's the difference and which one is the way to go for my 93 Kat 750. Thanks in advance
    ----USMC combat vet----
    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

if going for a full set, st one piece rear, and 2 piece front.

the normal front brake line setup is 3 piece front.. one line to a splitter, then one line each to the calipers.

get the set that goes 2 front lines.. one line to each caliper straight from the master cylinder, and deletes the splitter. is not only better, but easier to bleed too.

I have a HEL set on my 2001, it was like a whole new braking system.... one finger stops.

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

That's what I am hoping This will do for me
      ----USMC combat vet----

Comment

HEL 2 line set-up is the way to go IMHO.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Just ordered te 2 line should be here by Monday
          ----USMC combat vet----

Comment

grats, I have the HEL lines too and they work great. after you install them take a look at the travel while pushing the front down a few times. if it hits something try to zip tie the two lines together a few inches above the area it hits. worked for me
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Thanks for the tip can't wait for them to come in
              ----USMC combat vet----

Comment

for an 01 600 what set would i need from them? I don't see they have one listed

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                  if going for a full set, st one piece rear, and 2 piece front.

the normal front brake line setup is 3 piece front.. one line to a splitter, then one line each to the calipers.

get the set that goes 2 front lines.. one line to each caliper straight from the master cylinder, and deletes the splitter. is not only better, but easier to bleed too.

I have a HEL set on my 2001, it was like a whole new braking system.... one finger stops.

Just put the same setup on Cyndi's '04, coupled with the Pazzo's...Well, I'm a bit jealous.
                  sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                  2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                  2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

Do u guys have any pics of how u did the two lines coming out the master cylinder to the front and what kind of fittings will I do to change it from the one line out to the two. Thanks in advance
                    ----USMC combat vet----

Comment

Originally posted by bagndrag View Post
                      Do u guys have any pics of how u did the two lines coming out the master cylinder to the front and what kind of fittings will I do to change it from the one line out to the two. Thanks in advance
                      A dual banjo bolt coming out of the MC. I'm pretty sure the HEL 2 line kit comes with one.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        A dual banjo bolt coming out of the MC. I'm pretty sure the HEL 2 line kit comes with one.
                        I thought I heard you can use the one out of the splitter also?

Comment

I believe you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            I'm pretty sure the HEL 2 line kit comes with one.
                            My Galfer kit did. Anything that eliminates the splitter should come with a dual bolt...
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Even if it doesn't come with the kit, take the one off the stock splitter setup. That longer Banjo will be able to support both lines coming from the master. Then use the regular banjos on the calipers.

Comment

Working...
                              X