X

Kat at the Track

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat at the Track

I finally, after 3 years, talked my wife into going to the track with me. It was a beautiful day, about 90 degrees was a little on the warm side, but with the breeze and an E-Z up, it was very nice.

I was worried about her in the morning, she went dirtbiking 3 times, all in the same corner and wasn't having much fun. After lunch she got some pointers from the control riders, and started loving it. She's addicted now, and can't wait to go back.

Out of all the 180 mph race bikes, guess which one (i think) got talked about the most? Thats right, the humble pink Katana. It's definately a conversation piece.

Her '95 katana 600, and my '06 ZX10R in the background.

The whole fleet my buddy and I brought

She toasted her chicken strips. Still has maybe an 1/8" to go. Not bad for a first timer.

Just takin it easy

Control rider in tow.

A good day was had by all, and nobody crashed.

Thanks for sharing! You're a lucky man indeed!
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Sounds like lots of fun! Jealous of the pink Kat though...

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
        Thanks for sharing! You're a lucky man indeed!
        Very lucky! She's been giving me hell for years about how I'll "die out there!" because the track is so "dangerous". Now I think she's seen the light.

The Kat didn't start off pink, I had to paint it myself. It turned out pretty good though for a do-it-yourself garage paintjob.

I think most people were impressed at how well the Kat did for being an "old heavy bike". Ya, it gave up quite a bit in outright horsepower, and got passed by pretty much everything on the straights. But during corners, it seemd to do just fine. Suspension is a little squishy, but it's got plenty of corning clearance and it's a pretty easy bike to ride. All in all, it's a pretty good beginner track bike. It should last her at least a few more days before she outgrows it and wants something sportier.

Comment

NICE!!! Congrats on the wifey...I would love to be able to share that with someone special!! She dirtbikes also? What track is that? I've been to Talladega (sp?) grand prix.

I would love to hear her take on her first track experience!!!
          With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
          The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
          To the bang bang boogie
          Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

Nice!!! I hope to get the misses to go with me when i get out there. I think it would be a blast!
            Godspeed
            CSBA #1167
            Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Way cool, looking forward to doing my first track day. Wish my better half could ride.

Tok

Comment

Originally posted by rydethis View Post
                NICE!!! Congrats on the wifey...I would love to be able to share that with someone special!! She dirtbikes also? What track is that? I've been to Talladega (sp?) grand prix.

I would love to hear her take on her first track experience!!!
                Sorry, that dirtbiking was just an expression. I meant she ran off the track into the grass . Did a little landscaping, off roading, dirtbiking, track lingo for screwed up and put it in the ditch.

she has gone *actual dirtbiking before, didn't really think too much of it. Just not really her thing I guess. I'm really glad she tried it though. Part of it was probably my fault....All I have is a RM250, which is too much bike for me. it's WAY too much for her.

She ended up having a great time at the track, and won't stop talking about it. We were at Heartland Park, Topeka KS. I've been going there for several years, with all the renovations they've done, it really is a top rate track now. Nice facilities, nice track, and nice people.

Comment

That's awesome. Sounds like a great day at the track.
                  Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

hey I was just going to post pics of you .lol I have more on my wed site . www.dustindraperphotography.com

Last edited by racedraper; 06-30-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Showed my girlfriend this thread and she's very very jealous of your pink Katana and pink jacket.
                      Little by little I'm trying to get her into riding and a pink bike just might do it
                      1999 Katana 750

Comment

looks like fun

Comment

Originally posted by racedraper View Post
                          hey I was just going to post pics of you .lol I have more on my wed site . www.dustindraperphotography.com
                          Great pics...I think you make me look faster than I really am!

That ZX10 is darn near too much for me. Almost 170 mph before I chicken out and slam on the binders for turn 1.
                          Good lord, it's got some power!

Comment

looks like a fun time!
                            sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                            k9 GSX-R 600
                            GO VOLS!

Comment

That's great!! I hope I can talk my wife into trying a track day sometime..
                              sigpic
                              1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Working...
                              X