X

Hi from KY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from KY

Just traded for a '91 GSX1100f and needed a safe haven LOL. Bike is in a bit of disrepair so I'm hunting parts and info, thanks to all for this forum!
    The 3 best tools you'll ever have: 1 under your hat and 1 at the end of each arm.

Welcome to KR!
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Thanks!
      The 3 best tools you'll ever have: 1 under your hat and 1 at the end of each arm.

Comment

Welcome! Let's see some pics of this thing...

Comment

Here's a couple pics

1st is before I got it, the others are after I started working on her.
          bike4.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

Comment

pics cont.

The plan is to do a semi-streetfighter, I'm thinking of ditching the lower fairings, bobbing the front fairings, and keeping the side covers and tail. Lots of rattle can residue to get rid of on the frame The tires are junk LOL
            IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

Comment

You could put her back to stock (restore) as in fix whats broken like the fairings...ect.. and then (baby she'll fly !!) I just don't see the point of
              bobba-tizing a perfectly good motorcycle. and you wonder why there aren't any around ? Maybe its the age thing (i'm over 50 ) just my rant and my 2
              cents.
              Attached Files

Comment

I've done a complete resto on a 76 Honda, and the fairings on this thing are destroyed so I figure its cheaper to leave off the worst ones and try to make use of the rest

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by ic455 View Post
                  I've done a complete resto on a 76 Honda, and the fairings on this thing are destroyed so I figure its cheaper to leave off the worst ones and try to make use of the rest

I realized I left out the part about wanting to do a semi-custom since I'd already done a restoration LOL, I was at work. I do like the facto-resto idea, and was thinking about going that way with it, but the cost and lack of availability of the fairings is quite prohibitive. The Honda I did a few years ago didn't have anything as cool (or expensive) as the Kat, and was a pretty quick and low cost build. The availability of CB750 parts made it go pretty smoothly, too

Comment

Welcome to KR. Good luck with the rebuild. I understand it is a lot of work, but it would be cool to get it back to original.

Comment

It'll probably end up being more work doing what I'm planning LOL, but I was born with a wrench in my hand so I love it

Comment

Looks like a pretty good bike to start on. Not bad shape at all, you got a pretty good deal.

Comment

This forum has already helped me out tons so I am sure it will do the same for you!

Comment

I'm not a fan of the streetfighter thing, either. IMO, the 1100 is a great looking bike originally and (like Kats in general) doesn't look good at all without the fairing. It just wasn't designed to be uncovered.

What parts do you need to go back to stock? Maybe someone on here has fixable fairings they could let you have cheap if you're willing to put the work into cleaning them up.
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome to KR!!
                              GL & Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X