X

Saw the funniest thing today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw the funniest thing today

So I was out on a short ride to day, and I had a guy ridding a hyosung 650R I am guessing turn in front of me at a stop light. Nice looking bike by the way.
    The funny part is he had a full leather suit on and no helmet... what sense does that make.

How are the chicks gonna know how hot he is in is tight leather if he has a lid on .. man come on... squidlyness 101...
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

i never understand why people ride without helmets no matter what other gear they have on... just like i dont understand why some states have a seatbelt law but but allow no helmets
      ----USMC combat vet----
      07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Michigan just revoked the helmet law a couple months ago(with stipulations) so I have been seeing a lot of riders with out helmets but never one is a full race suit and no lid until today

Comment

Yeah, what's the deal? Chicks dig scars.
          -
          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
            How are the chicks gonna know how hot he is in is tight leather if he has a lid on .. man come on... squidlyness 101...
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

maybe somebody stole his helmet . ill sell him mine ..
              im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

not sure i understand the reasoning but who am i to judge the mentally inferior

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                i also think there's something in there about tank tops and flip flops being acceptable racing gear
                Last edited by boomer_95; 05-16-2012, 07:09 PM.
                if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

I was a lane beside a guy today wearing shorts, a T-Shirt and regular running shoes. He was on a Hayabusa going about 80mph in the passing lane. I then noticed that the straps for his helmet were flapping in the breeze. Apparently he assumed that the straps were there for looks and served no real functionality.

I have to admit that I rode about a mile to the ATM without my jacket and gloves the other day. It was my first ride without full gear. Although it was scary, it was also very enjoyable. It wasn't the brightest idea I've ever had, but I can see why people ride that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyderturbo007 View Post

I have to admit that I rode about a mile to the ATM without my jacket and gloves the other day. It was my first ride without full gear. Although it was scary, it was also very enjoyable. It wasn't the brightest idea I've ever had, but I can see why people ride that way.
                    I too tempted fate like that one day, It was scary at first because the saying "most accidents happen within 5 miles of home" kept playing through my head. Luckily the gas station is only about 1/4 of a mile away.

I did notice that the bike felt totally different. probably the lack of jacket causing some restriction. It was very free and breezy.
                    -Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                      Someone yell for me???

I'm a member of the "Ionlywearabucketwhentheweathersucks" tribe, and most days, I have on boots, jeans, jacket and gloves...but no helmet. I just like the way the wind makes my hair look.
                      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                      Semper Fi

Comment

I saw him too! Leather suit and no helmet. Sheeeeesh!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I haven't seen any sportbike riders without helmets yet here in Michigan, but TONS of cruisers out in casualwear and no lids. They're LOVING it! I'm waiting to hear of the first death of a rider around here, and all about how he/she wasn't wearing a helmet.. Sad Sad..
                          sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                            Someone yell for me???

I'm a member of the "Ionlywearabucketwhentheweathersucks" tribe, and most days, I have on boots, jeans, jacket and gloves...but no helmet. I just like the way the wind makes my hair look.
                            You're a piece of work, bro. In Ontario helmets are the law....... and besides, a full-face with a dark visor is handy when you dump your bike when you forget to plant your feet because three fine-looking bikinis are walking in front of you as you're leaving a gas station.......don't ask me how I know.
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by badwithcomputer View Post
                              I too tempted fate like that one day, It was scary at first because the saying "most accidents happen within 5 miles of home" kept playing through my head. Luckily the gas station is only about 1/4 of a mile away.
                              My brain kept thinking about those stories I've heard surrounding stone removal from road rash. Something about a wire brush and no pain medication? Perhaps it's just a story used to scare little children into wearing full gear.

Originally posted by badwithcomputer View Post
                              I did notice that the bike felt totally different. probably the lack of jacket causing some restriction. It was very free and breezy.
                              I agree completely, although in my case I think it's because I ceased to concentrate on what was happening around me and riding the motorcycle. Instead I was fixated on what would happen if I hit the ground. Perhaps I'll leave my jacket and gloves on for now. Although, it was very invigorating......

Comment

Working...
                              X