X

quick question bout the carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question bout the carbs

hey there, im planning on getting my carbs cleaned in a few days and the guy doing it said that i could ride the bike and approve before i pay him... should i be able to feel a difference? the bike is a 93 kat 600f just wonderin if being able to ride before paying has any benifits or not.

thanks in advance

The first benefit to me is that you get the peace of mind that the bike is running well before you pay for the work. Unlike a dealership where you pay for the work, then go outside and try to ride home only to find out that the bike is running worse than when you brought it in.

Sounds good to me.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Yeah, agree on that. The tach should stay at a steady level, shouldn't rev up and down some, when carbs are outa sync they do that.

He's just letting you make sure that the work is done properly. Sounds pretty sweet to me.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Unless your carbs were very gummed up I doubt you will notice anything from the cleaning itself. Now I am sure they will re-synch them so you might notice a smoother running engine and maybe a little more responsive if they were out of synch.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
        X