1100 engines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 engines

if anyone knows where i can get an 1100 engine pm me

Good luck finding one. I haven't seen one on Ebay for a long time. You might be better off to find a trashed bike and pull the engine.
    2005 GSXF750 Katana
    1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
    1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

PM Mojoe, I'm pretty sure he has at least one.

Comment

Originally posted by gaillarry
        Good luck finding one. I haven't seen one on Ebay for a long time. You might be better off to find a trashed bike and pull the engine.
        then you didn't look very hard because I just sold one there last week.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by danp2630
          PM Mojoe, I'm pretty sure he has at least one.
          and yes, I do. in fact, I have 3.

one bone stock in great condition
          one modified (built by V&H racing)
          one tore down in need of a crank.

and if things work out, I should have 2 or 3 more in the very near future.

Comment

I am looking for a Carborated GSXR 1100 Motor. I want to put in a 06 Katana. If anyone knows of a avaliable engine send me a PM or get ahold of me some how. I want this mod bad, Thx
            ~Hand

Comment

I think any 1100 motor will work, whether it comes from a Bandit 1200, Katana 1100 or GSX1100R. The only one that I am aware that won't work is the GSX1100G shaft bike. All the motors have their minor pluses/minuses but in the end, it is all good.
              There is (or was ) a site dedicated to these swaps called the 7/11 site, because of the people there who are fond of squeezing in 1100 motors into 750 bikes. There was great info there, even info on what carbs to use and the plus/minuses of different carbs/setups.
              I suggest you try to find the site and if you do, there is a treasure of info to help you out.

Comment

This is a site for the Jurassic katana but still helpful info.
                oldskoolsuzuki Hope it helps
                My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
                Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

Unknown status of my 91 Katana 1100 , Turned over when I first tried starting it. I would part from it with the right offer

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                    and yes, I do. in fact, I have 3.

one bone stock in great condition
                    one modified (built by V&H racing)
                    one tore down in need of a crank.

and if things work out, I should have 2 or 3 more in the very near future.
                    What's a fair going rate for one? What's the difference between the Kat 1100 and the GSX-R 1100?

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
                      What's a fair going rate for one? What's the difference between the Kat 1100 and the GSX-R 1100?
                      Not much difference. The gixxer has a different clutch and different cams( think).After '89, they got 36mm carbs, while the torque tuned kat soldiered on with 34mm, but outside of manifold boots, I'd suppose the inletss on the heads are the same. Pre- '89 bikes wee 1052cc, after that they were 1127cc (like the kat).
                      One shop manager in my area told me that the 1100cc oil cooled motors in these command a high price because they are popular with sprint car racers, added that he has see examples of people buying perfectly good gixxser bikes just so that they could have the engine, scrapping the rest, very sad.
                      Go find the 7/11 site- I think they have the differences more clearly defined than what I have feebly done hear.

Comment

88 was the first year for the 1127. it was for the katana. the gixxer still used the 1052 in 88 and changed to the 1127 in 89. the only difference between the gixxer and katana 1127's in 89 was the crankshaft gear. on the katana it is an angled cut gear, and on the gixxer it was straight cut. kept stock one is no better than the other, but if you are modding the hp and starting to creep over 150hp, you want the straight cut gixxer crank as the katana crank is hard on the crank bearings.
                        Also, the gixxer ran slingshot carbs.

final results: katana was 136hp @ 9500 rpm, and the gixxer was 138hp @ 9000 rpm.

so, imho, those who are looking specifically for a gixxer motor over the katana motor...no advantage aside from 2hp. Unless you plan on rebuilding the engine to achieve over 150hp, one is just as good as the other.

Comment

Working...
                        X