X

1st gear take off stalling and stopping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
    Perhaps it's my personal style (and I don't want to threadjack), but there are times I do and times I don't. If my rpms are up and I'm on a curve heading to a stop sign....I'll engine brake into 1st and let that carry me to the sign/or car stopped there. If I'm simply riding in town traffic, I'm of the opinion (and I could be doing it wrong for the last 30 years but I've never had tranny issues with any of the bikes I've owned) it's just easier to engine brake/front brake to a stop, and just before I'm completely stopped I'll throw it into 1st. The next time you hear a "clunck" dumping it into 1st, you'll see what I mean.
    i just heard it coming home gezz

Comment

Originally posted by DonZ View Post
      i just heard it coming home gezz
      Just my thoughts....and like I said..... it might just be a personal thing.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

My 2006 Kat 750 does this when first starting out cold. Sometimes I have to use the choke for a few miles or it stalls out if I don't use it while beginning my ride. Gets to 3 grand or so and just cuts out with out the choke. Could just need more time heating up. After this begining choke stage, I dechoke and it rides as normal again.
        2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
        Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
        "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
        Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
        Veteran of the United States Air Force.
        "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Working...
        X