X

Whats the worst, "Oh &%$#@ " moment you had th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the worst, "Oh &%$#@ " moment you had th

As you reflect on this past years riding and all the great times you've had out on 2 wheels..and we've all had some great stories to tell this year; I know Ive made alot of great memories during this past season...

Whats the biggest "oh shiat" moment you can remember from this past year on your bike.. Bad tank slapper? Cage cut you off and almost ran off the road ? Deer or other animal running out in front of you maybe ?

Riding on an older black top road that is kept up by the county (they do a real good job, pavement is nice & smooth), it was about 3:00am I topped a hill & about half way down the hill were 3 deer, they were about 50 yards ahead of me, I quickly down shifted, braked hard without locking the wheels & stopped right where they were standing, they were now to my right, looking at me with what I think was that look of "HEY! You moron! Slow down!"
    They didn't run or flinch until I let loose on the 118dcb horn, then they ran away.

I had to stop at the nearest firestation to have the seat removed from my arse.
    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

I was going down the highway, I had boxers on, and I hit me nootz on my tank going over a bump.

It hurt.

I learned a important lesson that day.

Wear tighter undies to keep me nootz in check.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Aside from my crash this year, it was when I riding in the rain when my rear tire skidded when I applied too much rear brake. I started to fishtail like crazy and almost lost control the bike after I released the brake. Scared the crap out of me.
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Missing Deal's Gap Rally 2005.
          Bike is sold

Comment

This last year?? Hrmm...

Not many since I didn't put too many miles on the gix...

But it would most likely be attempting to accelerate hard and missing my shift from first to second... Damn thing shot right up and the tank damn near popped me in the face. (I really really like to keep both wheels on the ground at all times... which makes me wonder increasingly why I got a busa.)

My current ride of choice

Comment

the last saturday night ride we did ( end of october ) we didn't have a lot of time so we just headed to hooters ( ). the path we decided to take took us up & over the west hills ( rocky point road if you wish to map quest ) from hwy 30 to hwy 26 ( by way of skyline & cornelius pass rd ).

it was wet & lots of leaves ( this is a really tight road ) but it had a good set of clean(er) tire tracks to follow. i was in the mind set to have a little fun on this short ride and led the group up the hill ( didn't see the headlights of my fellow riders after the first turn . i was gone ! i don't mind sliding the rear a bit if i can feel that it's going to hook up again - isn't always the case riding on wet leaves - but i had a good time. the road opens up a bit then takes a nasty downhill tight right corner (20mph) that i usually take at around 35. i hammered it on the straight section then looked for my braking point ( when i brake for a corner - i brake & get back on the gas as quickly as i can - it allows you to ride deeper iinto the corner ).

the conditions should have had me running with a larger margin but the bike ( with the new suspension setup ) was handleing really well. I picked my brake point & had my eye on were i was going to flick it in, it's getting pretty dark & a light fog from the elevation, i grab the binders and start looking down through the corner as i feel the front end start to wash away. i release the brakes to get the front tire spinning again and note that i'm WAY past my turn in point and am now out of the clean line i was running in with no more time to adjust my entrance speed, i drop my inside elbow and toss the bike into the corner. i had no hope for staying in my lane and was praying the bike didn't slide as my line was using ALL the opposite lane ( thankfully no traffic ). i took as wide a line as possible to keep the lean angle down and was very happy that the bike tracked really well & i looked up the road for my next braking point. ( i imagine as i was braking i hit some leaves which reduced the tire grip on the road - locking up the front tire )

it was the worst 'blown' corner for me all year. i have to thank the local crew that teaches the doc wong clinic here i portland ( mainly keith codes SR's ) for improving my skill set and keeping relaxed when things don't go right.

tim
              Attached Files

Comment

For as many miles as I tacked on (8500) I had a pretty good riding season. The only close call I had involved two deer and their lack of respect for my stock exhaust and horn. Since then a D&D came into play and that seems to get their attention much better. All I see anymore are white tails running off into the darkness.
                You can have my Kat when you pry my cold dead butt from upon it.

Comment

The worst oh seat moment for me this year was on the dragon. Woobie and I were at the tail end of the group as we left the CROT when a 18 wheeler low boy flat bed with wide load signs came around the corner. The driver was nice enough to leave about two feet of our lane free for us to get by the truck, but it was looking pretty scary for a second there.

Comment

Hearing the board crashed and we lost a few member accounts.

Oh on a bike?

Don;t knwo if i had any of those this year... Maybe when following babs and she went off the road during the lex rally.
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
                      Missing Deal's Gap Rally 2005.
                      same here.

also, walking out of the video store and seeing it laying on it's side after some old lady backed into it made me go "SHIT"......but the nice check i got from the insurance made that all better.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                        The worst oh seat moment for me this year was on the dragon. Woobie and I were at the tail end of the group as we left the CROT when a 18 wheeler low boy flat bed with wide load signs came around the corner. The driver was nice enough to leave about two feet of our lane free for us to get by the truck, but it was looking pretty scary for a second there.

What day was that ? Fortunately the worst we ran into on the dragon a some cages and pickups going over the center line alittle bit... bad enuff to see anyone in a cage crossing the center line but those tractor trailers are enough to scare the shiat outta you.

Comment

That was the day we all did the dragon run, Nick and I had to wait for traffic to clear (I think) before we could follow the rest. The main group was a minute or so ahead for some reason.

As for mine

Sitting at the CROT with Dan, Haggis, and Jackal with growing dread wondering were Range was. He had said to go ahead beacuse we were going for a "brisk" ride and he was going to take it slow and easy, obviously he didn't .

And when doing the Dragon the Morning Dan left I went into a 180 degree righthand downhill corner too hot/bad line and was grinding peg when I discovered it was decreasing radius. I was going wide and I pushed harder, My back end slid out and all I could think was 1) Oh SHIT and 2) keep on the gas. She straightened out but all that was going through my mind was Shit shit shit.

I slowed down after that, For a while .
                          Kyle

Comment

In a nutshell?

Me.
                            BMW M3.
                            Me behind M3.
                            185 kph.
                            Left bend in road @ 185 kph.
                            Deer.
                            M3.
                            Deer.
                            Deer guts and car parts.
                            Me dodging.
                            Lucky I rode away from that one. Bloody and dirty, but rode away.

-Grimmy
                            Race Superseries Novice Open, Amateur Superbike #224 Suzuki GSXR-1000

Comment

I had my closest call in August, doing a couple quick laps of a clover leaf intersection....I was following my buddy's ZX-10 into the tightest corner at a decent clip - nothing he or I hadn't gone through there before at...I was about 50 yards behind him, and closing fast as he braked and dove in. Unfortunately, he just nicked the yellow line upon entry, and lowsided at about 115Km/h. His bike went about 100ft through the corner on it's side before deciding to eject him, at which point I had two obstacles to miss. I brought the bike up, looked between the two, and got on the binders until I ran out of road - and then plummeted into the ditch for a 500ft. offroad excursion. So finally after working my way through the bumps and back onto pavement, a couple of us parked our bikes and ran into the weeds to find this guy....we found him on his back with a cigarette hanging out of his helmet, cursing every damn thing he could think of...but he was ok....minor rash on his leg and a bunch of broken plastics. Scary as hell...I'd never been that close to a crash before. Well, until I started doing it, that is....
                              FrankenKat 1216
                              GS Fiter 816
                              GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Working...
                              X