X

A thing of beauty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thing of beauty

OH BABY BABY LOL Just picked up this beauty about a week ago & wow what a machine this is !! I was on the highway doing 75 just cruising, still in 4th with 5th and 6th still to go ....holy crap! Here's the highlights 1st gear is amazing , no need to shift up going block to block.
    fuel injection is spot on with more than enough power in any gear.
    mpg is high 30's to mid 40's.
    I can't say enough about the suspension and the Michelin PR4's.
    I bought this off of a lady who had it lowered 1 inch & added heli bar risers, speed healer, frame sliders & the yoshimura exhaust, plus I got Givi luggage racks, locking touring bags ect. She said the bikes never been down and although not a garage queen there is hardly a mark on this thing. What a sweet ride!

Yeah, I sold my dad's carbed '03 last year. Don't really miss it. It's freaking massive like the 1100 Kat. Now that I've gone down to smaller-framed bikes like my Triumph Daytona 955i and GSXR-750, I don't want to go back to bigger. My boss has the ZX-14, and it's just too big.
    '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

Sharp looking ride.
      Be safe and Have fun.
      Last edited by ZukiFred; 08-22-2016, 07:06 AM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

2002 750 Kat
        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

A thing of beauty indeed!

And the ride...

I had a ZZR1200 for a couple of years. It was incredibly fast, like your gorgeous Busa. Be cautious when passing other vehicles. I passed a line of three bikes on a New Mexico highway one afternoon...was doing 158 mph before I realized it...and the thing just hummed on as usual. Again, you have a dream bike.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Yes, very nice !
            Only thing I don't like about "real" sport bikes is the fact you've got to remove the fairings to change the oil...or so I've been informed anyway.
            My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Originally posted by loneraider View Post
              OH BABY BABY LOL Just picked up this beauty about a week ago & wow what a machine this is !! I was on the highway doing 75 just cruising, still in 4th with 5th and 6th still to go ....holy crap! Here's the highlights 1st gear is amazing , no need to shift up going block to block.
              fuel injection is spot on with more than enough power in any gear.
              mpg is high 30's to mid 40's.
              OLDIE but GOODIE

75 mph that's just 2nd gear.. You need to get familiar with your local speed traps and LEO's.. find a straight, smooth, less traveled section of highway that allow you to explore the triple digit speed beyond 130 mph.. like I do on my Honda CBRXX

Things come at you very quickly when you travel at speed. To ensure you are used to those high speed travels, nurture the quicker reflexes required; lots of practice is needed.. constantly.

Originally posted by loneraider View Post
              I bought this off of a lady who had it lowered 1 inch & added heli bar risers, speed healer, frame sliders & the yoshimura exhaust, plus I got Givi luggage racks, locking touring bags ect.
              Those are all sensible mods, the Busa is designated for high speed travels, same your time the longer the distance you have between destinations.

I've seem most Busa receive extended swing arm, chrome spikes everywhere, turbo/twin turbo, etc.. really have no practical use or purpose mods.

It's a bike that's designed and meant to be ridden.. FAST.. Modifications without riding it as is to its OEM potential is just irresponsible for having all that HP.
              Last edited by "K"; 08-24-2016, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X