No announcement yet.
X

750 Katana - after valve adjustment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I got a rattle in my windshield at 80mph apply pressure and it goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
      Yeah I got a rattle in my windshield at 80mph apply pressure and it goes away.
      Take off the third-eye panel, remove the pop-snap at the bottom of the windshield, and put two zip-ties through it as tight as you can, then reattach the panel. That almost always fixes the issue unless there are screws/bolts missing elsewhere (such as on the inside of the instrument surround).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

wow, 20/50...even my Cummins Diesel runs 10/40
        sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
          My way-simple rule on 20w50 vs 10w40:

If you would burn your feet walking barefoot across asphalt at the hottest time of the day, you need to run 20w50. Otherwise, run 10w40.
          The summers in Houston will cause more than just burning of the feet. The pavement here can get hot enough to cause blistering. I'm betting that 20w-50 would be good year round here.

Comment

Originally posted by prozac420 View Post
            The summers in Houston will cause more than just burning of the feet. The pavement here can get hot enough to cause blistering. I'm betting that 20w-50 would be good year round here.
            I'd still run 10w40 there in the middle of the winter (I do here in Florida, and then start phasing in more & more 20w50 as the warmer months approach).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

[quote=The CyberPoet;1457587]Take off the third-eye panel, remove the pop-snap at the bottom of the windshield, and put two zip-ties through it as tight as you can, then reattach the panel. That almost always fixes the issue unless there are screws/bolts missing elsewhere (such as on the inside of the instrument surround).[quote=The CyberPoet;1457587]

a little off topic but, can somebody tell me what the deal is with the 3rd eye?!?
              sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

Originally posted by baddkat View Post
                a little off topic but, can somebody tell me what the deal is with the 3rd eye?!?
                As in "what is it?" or as in "Why does it exist at all?" or as in "How do you get it off?" or what?

The third eye is common slang for the running light above the headlights of the 98+ Models.

You remove it by removing the bottom two screws at the windsheild and then pushing the fairing panel between the headlight and windshield upwards an inch and a half towards the windshield. Then pull it forward and out, taking the time to unhook the electrical connector to the third eye.

It was put there because the German designer's requirements included a front parking light for parking in narrow alleys on foggy nights, so as to keep the bike from being run over.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

DOH!

ok, let me try again...I meant to say; why does the 3rd eye exist?

Now that I know, it makes sense, it is also a cool place for my alarm system LEDs.

Comment

Working...
                  X