X

Took my first long Ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my first long Ride

Just took my first long ride with my Kat wasn't to bad! Took a 4 hour ride from Canton PA to Pittsburgh Pa. My *** got a little sore from the ride and my knees were achey but overall not bad rode for 3 hours straight before stopping and gassing up and grabing some ice cream lol it got hot quick with my riding jacket on. lol

Ahhh...I remember those nice, easy 4 hour rides....

Congrats on making it through the trip.
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Congrats
      sigpic
      2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
      2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

wasn't to bad. not as bad as I though it was going to be. I'm working on planning a 12 hour ride to myrtle Beach possibly if budget allows for it. which will be a straight ride down only stopping for food and gas. cause it will be on my long weekend off. which is only 3 days

Comment

Originally posted by ceanern View Post
          wasn't to bad. not as bad as I though it was going to be. I'm working on planning a 12 hour ride
          if i'm not use to long rides i take a few extra stops and stretch to avoid any soreness.then you can build from there.

Comment

Start with shorter trips and build up, you'll be fine.

Have ridden for near 12 hours on my Kat, I'll get a little stiff but that's all
            2002 GSXF 750

Comment

But one trick is to take a Tylenol or aspirin before doing a long stint in the saddle, and you won't feel stiff at the end of the ride.
              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Congrats! 12 hours is going to feel like a much longer haul.

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                Ahhh...I remember those nice, easy 4 hour rides....

Congrats on making it through the trip.
                Yeah, you and Tom are Cali iron-butts!
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

You may want to consider getting a wrist rest to attach to the throttle for those long highway miles. They're fairly cheap and work well.
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

i was thinking about the wrist rest the whole way back lmao. I think I did take some advil before leaving but didn't on the way back home. i definitely think that would help with my knees when riding they got stiff but as soon as I got off the bike they loosened right back up. do you get any vibration at highway speeds in your bars and foot pegs? I don't notice it when i ride to work just noticed it on my way down and on the way back that my hand started getting numb from it. and it started making my leg sore to

Comment

My hands get numb after riding a bit......(an hour or two) on both the Kat and Yami. (it's the price we pay for inline 4's). The wrist-rest really helps and it's a lot cheaper than a locking cruise. Around town I simply arch it down so it doesn't interfere.
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                        My hands get numb after riding a bit......(an hour or two) on both the Kat and Yami. (it's the price we pay for inline 4's). The wrist-rest really helps and it's a lot cheaper than a locking cruise. Around town I simply arch it down so it doesn't interfere.
                        might need to relax your grip.

Comment

Originally posted by the wind View Post
                          might need to relax your grip.
                          LOL.....any more relaxed and I'd be curbside. I think it's a matter of (in my case) age, hockey injuries, and broken bones.
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                            LOL.....any more relaxed and I'd be curbside. I think it's a matter of (in my case) age, hockey injuries, and broken bones.
                            Baseball, broken bones, knee surg, in my mid-40's now and general abuse to my body when younger. I understand your issues here. I made some mods to help my long distance on the Kat. Upgraded to the Corbin seat, raised the bars in inch, fabricated a set of removable hwy pegs (no they don't interfer with spirited riding in the twisty stuff) and replaced the windscreen with a taller Sport Touring height one (skip the Zero garvity and go with the MRA).

After these mods I am now able to go 14 hours in a day. Tired yes, hurting a little, but OK for the next day with no pain relievers. I use a throttle lock to give my wrist a break every once in a while.

Once you start touring on the bike it's like a you get bitten by a bug the itch never leaves.... Enjoy and congrats on your first longer ride.
                            If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

i went from kitchener to ottawa ......usually a 5-6 hour ride but i managed to do it in 4.5 hours
                              and i didnt have any problems (although the memory foam under the lether seat really helps

Comment

Working...
                              X