No announcement yet.
X

Took my first long Ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I as well get the numbness in my hand when taking a nice ride. I have losened my grip on the throttle, but it has only made it subside alittle. I have found tighteneing my legs against the tank seems to make the numbness go away (and i dont man to the point you feel your legs tense up or making it a huge "issue"), and then losen up my grip on the tank until I need to do it again. Also, watch your riding position. If your leaning into the bars to much it will cause your hands to have to much pressure on them causing the numbness.

I know i'm not the biggest Kat rider in here, but it helps for me...
    If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

i think that is my issue I'm leaning really far forward when I'm riding and it is mainly on my right hand that i put most of my leaning on it seems. I banged up my left shoulder in a bad atv accident and I think i subconsciously favor that arm and don't put the pressure on that side.

Comment

Once I put the O ring in place on the throttle, I can ride for miles with out hands on the bars at all
        Hold the fuel tank and lean back helps my back
        A set of highway pegs would help the knee's though
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Getting old is hell ...try a 2 stroke for a few hours num city

Comment

Little ache does the body good, congrats on the ride.

Comment

grats on the first long ride, had mine 2 weeks ago, about 5 hours, boy was i sore! the way back was much easier, guess i was already use to it after 1 trip

Comment

When I go on long trips, I like to stop about every 90 minutes or so to get off the bike and walk around for 5 minutes and stretch not only my legs but my arms and shoulders. It keeps the blood flowing through the joints and I don't get sore. It also gives me a chance to take a few pics.

Comment

Working...
                X