Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Whats a decent bike for this price range?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
    You could EASILY pick up a slightly older FI VFR for 3k. (Around here anyway...)

That is probably my next bike. That is...if I don't find a decent xs60 first
    Just watch out for the voltage regulator on those. They like to take a dump every 20K miles or so. Other than that I've heard they are great bikes.

Comment

I've been trolling Craigslist for the past 3 weeks and have seen CBR's, R6's, Katana's, SV's, and FZ's around that range. Lots of sport touring bikes but it's just hard to find a good deal on a decent bike that has low mileage. I lucked out last night (birthday) and was able to snag a 02 GSX600F Katana for $2500 w/ 9500 miles on it | one owner | never dropped. So like my brother always told me, just be patient and eventually you'll find something you want. 3 weeks isn't too long to look for a bike, I just lucked out and found the one I really liked which was in my price range. My price range was the same as yours. Just search around 3600 cuz most people shoot high for the bikes and are willing to drop it lower if they can sell it right then and there.

Just remember: MONEY IS POWER!
      - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Here is a link for a New Jersey Craigslist ad for a 99 VFR that the seller has reduced to $3250.oo in another more recent ad. Bike has about 10,000 miles and some nice ad on's. They are great bikes and this one is a steal.

Comment

Lady next to my work is selling a 04 Yamaha 600 only 5k miles for like 2.5 or 3K or so carbs need to be cleaned and body work looks like poop. But such low miles makes it. I'm rigt in Springfield mass too I almost bought it but I wanna say with Suzuki. Pm me ur contact info if ur interested
          ----USMC combat vet----
          07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Originally posted by bagndrag View Post
            Lady next to my work is selling a 04 Yamaha 600 only 5k miles for like 2.5 or 3K or so carbs need to be cleaned and body work looks like poop. But such low miles makes it. I'm rigt in Springfield mass too I almost bought it but I wanna say with Suzuki. Pm me ur contact info if ur interested
            600 WHat? R6 or R6S or YZF600 Thundercat?

Comment

Yzf
              ----USMC combat vet----

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                600 WHat? R6 or R6S or YZF600 Thundercat?
                Price suggests thundercat...

Yzf
                All three of the bikes red mentioned are a yzf...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yzf
                  Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  Price suggests thundercat...
                  BOOOM!!! Headshot!

Comment

Must be the thunder cat I walked up to it looked at the body and walked away it had the single headlight believe the r6s have the side by side lights? I could google but I really don't care enough
                    ----USMC combat vet----

Comment

Must be the thunder cat I walked up to it looked at the body and walked away it had the single headlight believe the r6s have the side by side lights? I could google but I really don't care enough
                      The R6 is crap to begin with, why would you ever want an even WORSE version of it like the R6S or yzf600...

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The R6 is crap to begin with, why would you ever want an even WORSE version of it like the R6S or yzf600...
                        Lols...not even gonna get you started on how much BS that is.

Comment

True, but who wants a Buell?

*waits for table*
                          What, I think it's one of those bikes that everyone should at least ride. They're very different. That said, I'd have to find a smoking deal before I bought one right now. The only thing worse than having to go to a Harley/Buell shop for parts, is having to go to a Harley shop for parts. It also seems that people think they have a collectors item.

Me, if I had 2-3k to spend, I'd drop it on something with great suspension, or maybe leathers and track days on whatever has wheels, or a nice cross country trip on whatever has wheels.

I never saw what the OP wanted to do with it, so I'd be hard pressed to do anything.
                          Pics
                          Pics
                          No pics yet
                          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Don't be bike specific, just wait for a deal.
                            Last week, near where I live, someone sold a '90
                            Katana 1100 in mint condition,only 9100 miles, had rare optional Suzuki
                            Hard bags, $1600.
                            A darn cheap price to get into sport touring.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                              Lols...not even gonna get you started on how much BS that is.
                              Thank god.

I know you love your FZ and all, but **** the R6...that bike sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                                Don't be bike specific, just wait for a deal.
                                Last week, near where I live, someone sold a '90
                                Katana 1100 in mint condition,only 9100 miles, had rare optional Suzuki
                                Hard bags, $1600.
                                A darn cheap price to get into sport touring.
                                O_o
                                do want
                                pity i don't have the budget for that. i think at some point i may replace the kat with an 1100 model.
                                Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                                Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                                2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Working...
                                X