X

problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem

just had a couple of questions for you guys on here. 1. I cant seem to find the a/f screws to ajust them. 2. well should I ajust the a/f screws before I do a carb sync?? Thanks guys

A/f screws will have a plug over them if they have never been messed with. Located on bottomthe of carbs. Set at 2.5 turns out.
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Comment

thanks guys I would be lost with out you guys, the book isent much help yet. I dont know why I have one as of right now lol.

Comment

2. yes, set AF first, sync after

Comment

thank you!!!! well I set the a/f and it has way better respons but still bogs at 3-5 thousend rpms. Is that a carbs sync prob or a vac prob? I think I have water getting into the engine becouse, I have white smoke off the headers after it gets worm. so would that be the couse of the sputer or a carb sync?? otherwise I got it to idle good and the high ranf rpm is good.

Comment

Well, a sync problem IS a vacuum problem. I wouldn't try to diagnose ANYTHING until you do that.

Comment

ok thanks again I will go out and pic up the suplies to sync the carb and I will let you guys know how it went.

anybody in the elk river mn and could stop by and help????
                Last edited by thearbear1990; 03-20-2012, 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

have a ? again witch way is prime I know down is off but witch way is on and prime for the gas tank? I also was woundering how hard is it to get the title with just bill of sale?

Comment

should help with the petcock. (prime to the rear)

As far as title from a bill of sale, that will depend on where you are. Contact your local DMV

Comment

ok thanks so much I have been running it on prime this whole time is that bad for it?

Comment

Could flood your carbs out and if allowed to run dry on prime, may end up in allowing undesirables from the bottom of your tank into your carbs....
                        2004 GSX750F

Comment

thanks for the info I just cleaned the tank and carbs now I have to sync them but dont really know what im doing. I dont have the money to pay a shop to do it. I want to ride!

Comment

Kreylyn has a right up on how to make the tool and kind of how to use it hit the search button or go through his posts

Comment

Originally posted by dany_cya View Post
                              2. yes, set AF first, sync after
                              Really?
                              That's never how I've done (not that I've been doing it right),
                              By why not synch first?

The pilot screw setting shouldn't affect vacuum but how the carbs are synched will affect your ability to set the pilot screws right???

Comment

Working...
                              X