X

06 kat harness in 01?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 kat harness in 01?

hey guys, new poster, first post. forgive me if my question is so simple that it seems stupid. i understand that 98-06 is considered a generation, i have an 01 kat, 750. wiring harness is cut all to heck, and there isn't even an instrument cluster. i cant find the plug for the instrument cluster hanging around under the fairings, so im guessing ill have to replace the whole harness. i said that, to ask this. will an 06 gsx 750 harness be a direct replacement? i've seen a few features on the newer kats that aren't included on my bike. just want to make sure with someone who knows what they're talking about before i make the commitment and go ahead and purchase this 06 harness, only to have no use for it.

TL;DR
    will an 06 kat 750 harness be a drop in replacement for my 01 kat 750?
    thanks in advance, all. i look forward to growing with your community, and hopefully, eventually, contributing myself.

Yes it should work just fine.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

thanks man, wow that post was way too long winded.

Comment

Better long winded than no information to go by, and some of us know how those greenville people are. :

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

That is true could you do me one last bit of confirmation, is the instrument cluster plug a part of the main wiring harness? Again, basic, but I don't have anything to reference. I'm almost 100% sure it is, but again. I'd hate to drop the dough on the harness to have no use for it.

Comment

Originally posted by lynx12304 View Post
            That is true could you do me one last bit of confirmation, is the instrument cluster plug a part of the main wiring harness? Again, basic, but I don't have anything to reference. I'm almost 100% sure it is, but again. I'd hate to drop the dough on the harness to have no use for it.

Yes, it is supposed to be connected.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks, Krey im currently the highest bidder on a salvaged harnesss for a whopping 7.50! hopefully no one will snipe me out of it, im also about to confirm purchase of a cluster for a whole 25$ pretty stoked i found these things at such a low price.

Comment

Working...
              X