X

Cases on the Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cases on the Kat

Ok, I have the 04 kat 600 with the blue and white color scheme. I'm getting my wheels and swingarm taken on friday to the powder coat guy. I'm getting the wheels and swingarm both done in white (maybe a metallic flake in it, i have to see when i get there if i like it or not). my question is should I get my cases done while i'm there?

I doubt i will have any chrome left. i'm probably taking the heel guards off and doing something wiht those, don't know yet though. (except my maybe my levers and def. my D&D is staying chrome)
    Powder Coat White
    0%
    Powder Coat Blue
    0%
    Chrome
    0%
    Stock
    0%
    Other (explain)
    0%
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

First off, do your cases need done? I would go with NRC cases if mine were in bad shape.

And second!!
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I have the 04 kat too and I wanted to get the wheels done in white , i think it would add alot of character . However I have been having trouble finding someone to do it . Oh and I would go with the plain white.It will look good. 8)
      Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Originally posted by escahoe
        I have the 04 kat too and I wanted to get the wheels done in white , i think it would add alot of character . However I have been having trouble finding someone to do it . Oh and I would go with the plain white.It will look good. 8)
        when i get mine back i'll post some pics and if you like it, you could send ur wheels to me and i wouldn't have a prob taking them.

Comment

powder coat blue just looks sweet..a real nice change that isnt overpowering, IMO.

Comment

I think the Blue would look nice if you were getting the rims done white.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

should i get something that matches or something a little off for contrast? (for the blue that is)

Comment

I think matching it would look the best. You can get the factory color paint from Color-Rite.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

how much will one aerosol can of color rite cover? like how much would i need to get my cases done? it also says that i should use it over white primer, just any white primer? like from the auto parts store down the street?

Comment

$30.95 + tax for one can and cases will take one can of primer/high temp. and can of color
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      Who knows what is next?

Comment

thanks TK

Comment

I was thinking Hard cases as in Givi. Not engine parts. Now I understand, and agree with the blue.
                          AMA member # 224227

Comment

Re: Cases on the Kat

[quote="soccersteve"]Ok, I have the 04 kat 600 with the blue and white color scheme. I'm getting my wheels and swingarm taken on friday to the powder coat guy. I'm getting the wheels and swingarm both done in white (maybe a metallic flake in it, i have to see when i get there if i like it or not). quote]

white ? what a brave soul. you must like to clean !.

i would get the wheels & swingarm mounted up - go swing by a ppg shop and have a little paint mixed up - paint them ( by brush - on the bike ) each color and see what you like best. ( they'll need bead blasted anyway)

tim

Comment

good advice tim. i think once i get everything back, i'll do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X