New to Katrider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Katrider

Hi All,
    This is my first post, I'm in central CA, recently retired from a stressful job and have decided to tackle bikes in need of TLC as a hobby, having done a little of that in the past and enjoyed it. I currently own five bikes, all well sorted out except for the 1990 GSX 1100 I recently bought in need of TLC. It only has about 8K miles and is in pretty good cosmetic shape, but would only run with full choke, and would quit if throttle was applied. After running sea foam through the carbs and rebuilding the petcock, it now won't start at all, two steps backwards... Going to send the carbs to a professional next and see if that doesn't resolve things. Anyhow, it's obvious that KatRiders is a great resource. I'll look forward to gathering info and posting my progress.

Royson
    At least the war on the environment is going well...

Welcome aboard! You can probably find enough info here to do the carbs yourself.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Welcome to KR! Read the carbs thread lost of info there.
      J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

Welcome to KR. The wiki and search are a great tool. lots of info. good luck
        "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
        1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
        2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

welcome
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

welcome to KR

Comment

Originally posted by flash007 View Post
              Welcome to KR. The wiki and search are a great tool. lots of info. good luck
              yeah that. just about anything can be found if you search.
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Welcome!
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

welcome
                  "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
                  - Michael Jordan-

My Build: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...02#post2085502

Comment

Welcome!
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome
                      Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Working...
                      X