X

Scorpion Shields?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpion Shields?

I'm looking at possibly getting a new shield for my exo-400. Is the dark smoke shield fog proof? What about the silver shield is it fog proof too? Is the silver shield mirrored? Thanks.
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

fog proof

I have seen complaints about the all the shields besides the clear for fogging up. I went to look for one and only the clear ones had the antifog comment on the tag. I passed on them for now. I would assume you can just put some kind of treatment on it before you ride.

Comment

I dont have a Scorpion (yet....) but I plan to get one in a few months (I want the EXO-1000) I really love how it has a built in tinted shield feature. About the fog proof shield, i'm not sure . What you can always do is wipe it down with RainX Anti-Fog (http://www.brandsport.com/rainxproducts.html) RainX=outside and FogX=inside, thats what I do and it works great.

And FYI, STAY AWAY from any mirrored shields they are not worth the $$$ and they scratch easy as hell.

Stick with the smoked shields instead and you'll be happier trust me
      PAUL
      93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

I have a EXO-700 blue Crackhead. The clear shields have the anti-fog.I'm thinking about a blue shield for mine, but I was told that they scratch easily. I'm going to wait until spring to decide.My clear shield is great.
        sigpic

RIP CP
        50th Anniv R6
        95 Katana 600
        http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Has anyone tried the Photochromatic sheilds yet? Just wondering how dark they get, how quickly they change color, and any other observations.

Thanks
          1996 Suzuki Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by shuey134 View Post
            Has anyone tried the Photochromatic sheilds yet? Just wondering how dark they get, how quickly they change color, and any other observations.

Thanks
            I have the Photchromatic sheild. It doesn't get very dark, but it's definitly tinted. The switch from clear to tint is pretty quick. Like, if you have your helmet in the sun, you will notice the tint pretty quick. It's not as dark as I personally would like, but it's enough to keep the glare to a minimum.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I just pick up the dark smoke last week no problems with fog on the shield

Comment

I have the EXO700 with the silver mirrored shield for over 6 months already and just love the look of it on my helmet. It looks great, though it does scratch a little easier than the other shields but to me its only noticeable when you look at the shield from the outside. I usually never notice that many scratches while riding and what ever I do notice it doesnt distract from me riding.

"EDIT"

And I never had a problem with fogging with either the clear or the mirrored shield with my scorpion. My HJC AC12 on the other hand fog's up pretty quickly, compared to my exo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
                  I have the Photchromatic sheild. It doesn't get very dark, but it's definitly tinted. The switch from clear to tint is pretty quick. Like, if you have your helmet in the sun, you will notice the tint pretty quick. It's not as dark as I personally would like, but it's enough to keep the glare to a minimum.

+1

I wish it would get just a tad darker, but I really enjoy mine.
                  This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                  BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

So would you guys recommend the dark tint over the mirror tint? Or mirror over dark?
                    96 Katana 600
                    97 4 door Blazer LT
                    03 Honda Pilot EXL
                    sigpic

Comment

Is that Photchromatic sheild for a Scorpion helmet or for another brand?

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                        Is that Photchromatic sheild for a Scorpion helmet or for another brand?
                        Sorry, it's for a Scorpion EXO-400.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I have the same shield and I feel pretty much the same way.

Comment

Dark rather than mirror every time.
                            Ron
                            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

get the dark, ive had one for over a year and its never fogged up.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Working...
                              X