X

Personal Preference Gear Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Preference Gear Thread

1.)Do you guys prefer to go in-store to purchase your gear, and pay the higher markup for the benefit of getting it that day, and making sure it fits?

OR

2.) Do you prefer to buy online at usually a cheaper price, and deal with the returns/exchange process that's involved if it doesn't fit?

Bonus!
    3.)Or are you more keen on trying it on in store, and then looking elsewhere for a cheaper price once you know it fits?

Just curious on what everyone else does. With Amazon being as big and fast growing as it is, I'm going to guess most people do 2 or 3.
    In Store
    16.67%
    16.67%
    In Store fitment - Online Purchase
    66.67%

Depends. If I can find exactly what I'm looking for local at a sale price, give or take, I'll get it then. Now #3 is usually what happens.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Boots, gloves... I tend to try on, as the fit is much more important to me. It's not just the fit though, but things like where the seams fall on my hand for the gloves, or how the boots flex and feel at different angles.

Pants and jackets I have no issue with online only. My main set was second hand. The new pants I have were also second hand never worn. I've used em once.

Helmets - last two I ordered online (or wife did for me) based upon sizing, and specific specs I wanted (like internal flip down sun shade). Happy with the purchase, but realized my head is at that size where the med is a hair tight, the large is too large. /sigh Most helmets don't fit as well as I would like.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You need an all of thee above in the poll
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

My helmet I ended up getting from a shop in Winnipeg... apparently I have a rounder head than anyone else in my city - lol. Boots from a local dealer - jacket was a Kijiji find and pants a smoking deal from the Pacific Northwest on eBay. The more critical stuff you really need to try on - the rest not so much
          '99 Katana 750
          Day Job - Mechanical engineering Designer
          Passions: Professional musician / Project Recording Studio Owner / recording Engineer / mastering Engineer
          Katana rider

Comment

Working...
          X